This page lists COVID-19 / coronavirus mitigation and response resources for creatives (individuals, organizations, and educators), followed by general resources. This page will be continually updated as the situation evolves.
Visit the Creative Sonoma page on Emergency Funds and Resources for a list of relief organizations and funds sorted by artistic discipline (including COVID-19-specific funds), the County of Sonoma page on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) for local and general information, and the Sonoma County Economic Development Board page for Business Recovery Tools.
- For information on navigating obtaining financial assistance through the CARES Act, click HERE.
- For information on safety mitigation to safely reopen and operate, click HERE.
IMMEDIATE ADVOCACY ACTIONS TO TAKE
Californians for the Arts: Action Center for COVID-19 Relief
- Use this letter-generator to ask Governor Newsom that the needs of nonprofit arts organizations and individual artists are considered in federal and state relief responses.
Americans for the Arts: The Economic Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the Arts and Cultural Sector
- This national survey is designed to collect information about the financial and human impacts that the spread of the coronavirus has had on arts and cultural organizations and on artists
National Association for Latino Arts and Culture: Responding to COVID-19: Arts Resources & Field Survey
- What are your most pressing needs? NALAC will utilize this information to advocate for rapid effective support to the Latinx arts field.
ARTS & DISCIPLINE-SPECIFIC COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS & RESPONSE RESOURCES
Alliance for California Traditional Arts: Cultural Resilience and COVID-19
American Alliance of Museums: Resources & Information for the Museum Field
American Art Therapy Association: Resources for Art Therapists during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Americans for the Arts: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource and Response Center
Art House Convergence: Preparedness Resources for Theaters and Festivals
California Arts Council: COVID-19 Statement for California Arts Council Grantees and the Arts Field in California
CERF+ | The Artists Safety Net: CERF+ Responds to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Freelance Artists: COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources
League of American Orchestras: Coronavirus
Loyola Marymount University | Dr. Daphnie Sicre: Teaching Theatre Online: A Shift in Pedagogy Amidst Coronavirus Outbreak
National Coalition for Arts’ Preparedness & Emergency Response (NCAPER): Preparedness for the Arts Sector
Teaching Artists Guild: COVID-19 Resources for Teaching Artists
GENERAL COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS & RESPONSE RESOURCES
California Department of Education: Help for Students in Crisis – Mental Health and Wellness While Schools Are Closed
Chronicle of Higher Education: Going Online in a Hurry: What to Do and Where to Start
Creative Capital: Thinking About Livestreaming as an Artist? Read This First.
Creative Sonoma: Emergency Funds and Resources (organized by artistic discipline)
Event Safety Alliance: Prepare Your Organization for the Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
HowlRound Theatre Commons: Ways of Gathering in the Age of COVID-19: A Guide to Livestreaming on HowlRound TV
U.S. Department of Arts and Culture: Community Care in the Time of Coronavirus
Return to the general Emergency Recovery Resources page.