Arts Education Framework Planning Grant
Creative Sonoma, as part of the Arts Education Alliance, invites any Sonoma County public school or school district to apply for a planning grant to receive customized consultation in the development of a strategic plan to increase access and equity in arts education. Funds will be awarded for consultation, planning, implementation, and associated activities to take place during February 1 – June 30, 2020. These grants are made possible through funding from The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation and the Sonoma County Office of Education. Applicants are encouraged to utilize and/or refer to the newly published Sonoma County Arts Education Framework, which includes a menu of offerings with strategies and implementation steps for any school or district to consider.
- Support customization of an arts education strategic plan for a school site or school district
- Identify strengths, challenges, and available resources
- Create and define overall goals with a timeline
- Develop action steps for implementation and an assessment plan
November 21, 2019 Online application opens (NOTE – new date)
January 9, 2020 Application Workshop 4:30-6:00pm at Creative Sonoma (Register HERE)
January 22, 2020 Deadline to apply 11:59pm PT
February–June 2020 Funding Period (planning and related activities to occur within this time frame)
Up to $5,000.
Applicants may include Sonoma County public (including charter) schools or school districts that are serviced by the Sonoma County Office of Education. See the Guidelines (attached below) for an extended list of eligibility criteria and the types of activities that may not be funded under this grant program.
The grants will be assessed on the following criteria. See the Guidelines (attached below) for expanded descriptions of each item.
- School site or district readiness for planning and implementation of a framework
- Effective and sustainable impact on school site or district articulated priorities
- Proposed strategies to impact targeted youth populations through arts education
- Capacity to administer and manage the grant activities
- How grant funding will be used and feasible grant budget
- Completeness and clarity of the grant application
HOW TO APPLY
Read the Guidelines thoroughly and then utilize the Application Help Tool which includes all of the application questions and instructions. No handwritten or paper-based applications will be accepted. Applicants will need to have – or to create – an account in Submittable, our online application portal.
The Arts Education Strategic Framework Planning Grant online application will appear in the list of open Creative Sonoma grants at 12:00am PT on November 21, 2019. Click on the black Submittable button to get started.
Email Debbie.Yarrow@sonoma-county.org or call 707-565-6123.