Arts Impact Grants for Organizations
OVERVIEW AND OBJECTIVES
Arts Impact Grants for Organizations (AIGO) are designed to help sustain Sonoma County’s creative and cultural nonprofits and to demonstrate the power of the arts to contribute to the social cohesion of our communities.
All applications will be reviewed with a lens of their commitment to providing equitable access and participation in their program(s) through one of the following impact areas:
- County Impact: Investing in the broad cultural community making arts and culture opportunities accessible to County residents and visitors. These projects must demonstrate activities specifically designed to reach the entire county (or 3 or more Supervisor districts), including new audiences.
- Neighborhood Impact: Supporting arts and cultural organizations for arts programs and projects that advance our communities’ connection to and appreciation of arts, culture and creativity. These projects must demonstrate activities specifically designed to reach a local area – town, neighborhood, etc.
- Student Impact: Investing in TK-12 students through arts and cultural experiences including arts practice and arts career training. These projects must demonstrate programs that engage students in arts and creative activities.
- OPTIONAL: Environmental Sustainability Impact: Given the urgency of Sonoma County’s climate change challenges — from drought to fires to floods — applications for projects in any of the three impact areas that utilize the arts to advance the community’s awareness and understanding of environmental sustainability will be given an additional point in the review process. Projects can explore the intersection of arts and the environment, reflect on the relationship between the human and natural environment, be educational, etc.
- Application Opens: October 28, 2021
- General Info & Application Workshop: November 4, 2021, 12pm PT (will be recorded and posted on this page). Register HERE.
- Application DEADLINE: December 2, 2021 11:59pm PT
- Funding Notification: Mid-December 2021
- Funding Period: January – December 2022 (12 months)
- Up to $10,000
Applicants may include Sonoma County nonprofit arts and culture organizations and culturally-specific nonprofit organizations that produce arts and culture programs and services, with the following requirements:
- Organization operates as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and is headquartered and/or maintains a physical location in Sonoma County
- Minimum three-year history of consistent arts and culture programming and/or services prior to the application deadline (December 2, 2021)
See the Guidelines document (attached under “How to Apply”) for more information about eligibility and program restrictions.
- Artistic excellence and merit
- County, neighborhood, or youth impact
- OPTIONAL: Environmental sustainability impact
- Equitable access and participation
- Capacity to administer and implement the program
- Completeness and clarity of application
See the Guidelines document (attached under “How to Apply”) for more information about the criteria and review process.
Read the Guidelines thoroughly and utilize the Application Help Tool which contains all of the application questions. No handwritten or paper-based applications will be accepted. Applicants will need to have or create an account in Submittable, our online application portal. Once the application opens on October 28, 2021, it will appear on Submittable.
- Arts Impact Grants for Organizations: Guidelines and Help Tool (will be available by October 15, 2021)