ARTS EDUCATION ADVOCACY TEAM
The work of the following individuals on behalf of the Arts Education Alliance has yielded new and important conversations with schools and districts throughout the county. The team is currently focused on a parent campaign, “Parent Ambassadors for Arts.” Hosting conversations in both English and Spanish, a parent network has been created to support parents in understanding the opportunities through arts education. The Advocacy Team created the Student Arts Spotlight, a “good news” monthly feature highlighting student work in the arts. This Spotlight is featured in Creative Sonoma webpages and through social media channels.
Thanks to the following volunteers, who are serving this cause well:
- Debbie Yarrow – Creative Sonoma
- Jane Shelly (Co-Chair) – Arts Integration Certified Teacher
- O’Meara Cover (Co-Chair) – Real Estate Development, Arts Education Advocate
- Andee Baridon – Rincon Valley USD
- Tracy Sawyer – Luther Burbank Center for the Arts
- Caroline Rodríguez González – Corazón Healdsburg
If you are interested in learning more about the Advocacy Team or would like the Team to support your parents, contact Debbie.Yarrow@sonoma-county.org
Return to the main Arts Education Alliance webpage.