"Students desire connection and they want to be seen, heard and valued." -Mental Health Professionals
The Sonoma County Arts Education Alliance (AEA) presented the 2nd annual “State of Arts Education” in partnership with Creative Sonoma and the Sonoma County Office of Education. The event was held on March 7 at the Luther Burbank Center for the Arts and coordinated with the celebration of California Arts Education Month.
Presenters and Perfomers included:
- Letitia Hanke, CEO of ARS Roofing and Found of The LIME Foundation
- Matthew Harris, Superintendent, Petaluma City Schools
- Tracy Ferron, Founder, Life on Earth Art
- Youth Arts Leaders (YAL) Rachel Ding, Fisher Lamborn, Ella Wen
- Tom Scott, GRAMMY-winning composer, arranger, producer, educator, saxophonist and more
- Maria Carrillo HS Jazz Combo, Music Director, Matt Bringedahl
- Grupo Folklórico Quetzalén with Artistic and General Director, Victor Ferrer (seen in photo above, by Will Buquoy)
Very special guest Tom Scott performed “A Night in Tunisia” with Maria Carrillo Jazz Combo musicians and spoke about the impact of music and arts in students lives.
Members of the AEA presented on funding and sustainability available soon through Prop 28, on the importance of strategic arts plans, and on the strength of the creative economy. The slide deck for the event can be found HERE.