Summer Arts Youth Program Grants
SPECIAL NOTE: The County of Sonoma FY19-20 budget will not be approved until mid-June. Although applicants may apply for the Summer Arts Youth Program Grants (for projects occurring between July 1 – September 15, 2019), the funding amounts remain tentative until after the budget process is complete.
The County of Sonoma has established a fund to support summer arts programs for youth across the County, to be administered by Creative Sonoma. Summer Arts Youth Program Grants (SAYPG) are designed to support our creative organizations who are fostering creativity in our local youth while giving them opportunities to maintain learning while school is out of session, as well as providing opportunities to attend high quality cultural arts summer programs.
- Support opportunities for youth to experience the arts in places convenient to their homes, schools and community centers
- Elevate the level of support to creative organizations and individuals dedicated to fostering creativity and providing arts training programs for youth
- Maintain learning opportunities when school is out of session
- Support projects that address children whose ability to participate in such programs may be limited by geography, economics or disability
- Fund student participation across the geographic regions of the County
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINE
April 24, 2019 Online Application Open
May 8, 2019 Information Session (RSVP)
May 22, 2019 Application Deadline 11:59pm PT
Mid-Late June 2019 Awards Announced*
*Funding for this program depends on County of Sonoma 2019-2020 budget approval, which will not be announced until mid-June. As such, the awards announcement is currently tentative.
July 1 – September 15, 2019 Funding Period
SAYPG recipients must produce a minimum of 20 hours of arts/creative programming, for students ranging in age from 6 (or entering first grade) to 18. The 2019 SAYPG Guidelines contain detailed and extended eligibility descriptions and additional considerations – please review them carefully. To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be legally incorporated in the state of California as an arts-focused nonprofit and headquartered in Sonoma County, or be an arts organization with a Fiscal Sponsor
- Be the program “owner/presenter” directly responsible for managing, overseeing and implementing ALL administrative aspects of the proposed program
- Offer arts/creativity programming as the primary focus (51% or more) of the organization’s activities
HOW TO APPLY
All applications are made via Creative Sonoma’s online Submittable account. No paper-based applications will be accepted. Click on the black “Submit” button to get started.
There are two separate applications – please choose the appropriate Submittable form and Application Help Tool (contains all the application questions and instructions; download below) for one of the following:
- Nonprofit Arts Organizations
- Applicants Using a Fiscal Sponsor
2019 APPLICATION MATERIALS
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Email CreativeSonoma@sonoma-county.org if you have questions about this grant program.
CURRENT YEAR GRANTEES
2019 SAYPG Grantees (to be announced in June 2019)
PRIOR YEAR GRANTEES