Individual Professional Advancement Grants
Individual Professional Advancement Grants (IPAG) will provide funding to Sonoma County individual creatives who experienced physical loss or damage to personal property due to the 2017 Wildfires, and who need assistance in re-launching their creative careers. Activities may occur outside of Sonoma County, so long as the recipient is a full-time Sonoma resident. These activities should be on a scale that they can be planned, developed, and executed by December 31, 2019.
Funds are best used for activities that advance the creative individual’s ability to make and sell, exhibit, distribute or otherwise share his/her artwork or creative services with audiences, consumers and fans. Please see the full guidelines for specific examples of the types of activities that my be supported by this grant.
- Support individual creatives in Sonoma County, affected by the 2017 Wildfires, as they rebuild the pathways and tools to support their artistic endeavors
- Build Sonoma County residents’ sense of our shared creativity
- Increase the visibility of Creative Sonoma
Requests may be made for up to $5,000 (the minimum request amount is $500).
- Full-time residents of Sonoma County, California, age 18 or older
- Physical loss of or damage to personal property due to the 2017 Wildfires
- Creative background – a 5-year history of working in the arts and/or creative industries
APPLICATION EVALUATION CRITERIA
- Artistic Innovation and/or excellence as demonstrated in the application
- Articulation and evidence of how the request will advance the applicant’s creative career
- Demonstration of financial need
- Feasible timeline and realistic budget
- Completeness and clarity of application
HOW TO APPLY
Read the Guidelines, and then utilize the Application Help Tool, which contains all of the application questions and instructions. You will need to have or create an account on Submittable, our online application portal. The Individual Professional Advancement Grant application will appear in the list of open grants on 12:00am on November 2, 2018. Click on the black Submittable button to get started.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
Friday, November 2, 2018: Application Opens on Submittable
Wednesday, November 14, 2018: FREE Line-by-Line Application Workshop, 5:30-7:00pm (REGISTER & details)
Friday, December 14, 2018: Application Deadline 4:00pm PST
This project is made possible in part by the California Arts Council and the National Endowment for the Arts. To learn about how state and federal arts grants impact individuals and communities, visit www.arts.ca.gov and www.arts.gov.