Artstart Administrative Coordinator
Administrative Coordinator for Non Profit Arts Organization in Sonoma County
Artstart is a unique, award-winning youth arts education program that serves all of Sonoma County. Our mission is to provide job training, mentoring and fostering life-changing breakthroughs by way of stimulating experience in the arts for Sonoma County youth. Artstart has made a significant impact on the community by creating many public and private art installations.
Administrative Coordinator Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing all office communications including email, telephone and mail.
- Data base management.
- Assisting Creative Director with Artstart summer apprenticeship program.
- Contacting high schools to set up presentations.
- Creating apprentice application packets and program fliers.
- Coordinating portfolio review for selection of apprentices.
- Coordinating student and parent orientation.
- Setting up and tracking appointments with potential clients.
- Working in partnership with Creative Director on tracking, scheduling, budgeting, and other tasks involved in implementation of commissioned artworks.
- Collecting timesheets from lead artists for review by Creative Director before presentation to bookkeeper for payment.
- Preparing press releases and maintaining communication with local media.
- Preparing website updates.
- Assisting Board with agendas, minutes, distribution and announcements.
- General office administrative tasks including supply ordering and filing.
- 3 -5 years administrative experience with community arts and/or cultural organization or other comparable experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
- Interest and ability to work with a team and in creating a positive can-do atmosphere
- Basic computer skills including : Word, Excel, InDesign and Photoshop a plus
Part time 20-25 hours per week. $25 per hour.
Available immediately. Deadline for submission is March 9, 2018. Send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.