Assistant Company Manager
GED or equivalent and interest in professional theater experience in company and/or general management. Valid driver’s license and the ability to lift fifty pounds.
Excellent communication skills; exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to create an excellent working environment for a diverse range of artists, creative types, and beyond; Excellent attention to detail and accuracy as well as problem solving skills; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with care; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; team player with a sense of humor; basic familiarity with theatrical terminology; proficiency in Google Sheets. Knowledge of customer relationship management software (Patron Manager) preferred, familiarity with a theater environment preferred, and First Aid/CPR training preferred
Part-time: Monday through Friday and frequent evening and weekend hours as needed This position requires the ability to work evenings and weekends and “on-call” hours to assist with emergencies, including but not limited to medical, travel, and housing emergencies.
Reporting to the Company Manager, and working closely with the 300+ Transcendence artists and 100+ Housing Sponsors, the Assistant Company Manager is a key member of the Company Management team responsible for overseeing the onboarding of and hospitality for all visiting artists. The Assistant Company Manager serves as a central connection point from artists to staff at the theater, as well as to individuals in the Sonoma Valley communities. Working with the Company Manager, the company management team is responsible for a high standard of care that allows all artists to create the best possible work for Transcendence’s audiences.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Support the onboarding and support for visiting and local artists from signed contract through rehearsals, technical rehearsals, and performances; ensuring a welcoming, safe and comfortable working environment for all artists
● Assist in building relationships with various vendors both internal and external, including but not limited to doctors, hotels, caterers, transport services, and peer organizations; negotiating favorable rates and services, processing payments, maintaining continued good standing, etc.
● Help ensure that travel and housing arrangements are in line with contractual requirements and budgetary goals
● Work alongside the Company Manager to facilitate the travel and accommodation budgets for all productions and designated events, and affiliated projects; tracking costs and providing reports to organization, ensuring the department operates within budget
● Provide accident reports and initiate the workers’ compensation process for visiting artists as needed
● Assist in ensuring payments are made according to contractual agreements to artists for all productions, and designated events, and affiliated projects
● Deliver company provided meals to the artists for Tech nights at Jack London State Park
● Assist in scheduling the maintenance of company vehicles and driving them as needed
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Company Manager
Sound judgment and decision making skills especially in emergency situations
Excellent communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills
Confidence in problem-solving and negotiating with diplomacy and tact
Ability to create an excellent working environment for a diverse range of artists, creative types, novices, and beyond
Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with care
High level of organization and attention to detail working collaboratively with colleagues
Team player with a sense of humor and ability to multi-task with excellent project management skills, especially in fast paced environments
Basic familiarity with theatrical terminology
Experience in Microsoft Excel, website management, Google Docs, and Dropbox
First Aid/CPR training
About Transcendence Theatre Company
Transcendence Theatre Company is a non-profit organization working to integrate arts and service in the community, deliver top quality performances, and create an enriching environment for all artists to explore and create in a healthy and sustainable environment. We are passionate about delivering magical experiences on stage and off, and are looking for team members who want to use and develop their skills to contribute to the mission of our company: Creating extraordinary experiences that inspire others to live their Best Life Ever and make a profound difference in the world.
Our Core Values drive our company forward and members of our team are committed to living these values out in their daily lives. It is our goal to serve each other, the company, and the community through art and to make a difference in the lives of the people around us through our Transcendence Connects projects, community service, and education programs in addition to performances throughout the year. Learn more on our website at www.TTCsonoma.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.