CALL FOR ART: Public Art Exhibition for Immigration at the Old Courthouse Square
Call for Creatives: Dancers, Photographers, Teaching Artists, Visual Artists; Jobs/Internships; Opportunity for Youth; Volunteer Opportunity
The Monarch Project, along with the Jr. Commission on Human Rights and My American Dreams, will be hosting a public art event at the Old Courthouse Square, on May 2nd, called Dare to Dream: a Day of Justice, Art, and Empowerment. It is centered around promoting the protection of immigrants’ rights in Sonoma County through community art, film, and advocacy.
We are looking for artwork created by local artists and art organizations to be a part of the poster sale and exhibition/sale of artwork:
- Pieces can help celebrate immigration, immigrant workers, Dreamers, and diversity in Sonoma County.
- Pieces can express what they feel about immigration and what it means to empower immigrants.
- All mediums are acceptable.
- Artists of all skill levels are encouraged to submit pieces!
- The pieces should be submitted by April 3rd for the initial review to email@example.com.
- Please include the size, piece, medium, and the proposed price of the piece(s).
The funds will be donated to immigrant families in Sonoma County to cover legal costs in their immigration proceedings and similar expenses. Artists can choose to take 50% of the profits of their sold pieces or donate all of it to the cause described above.
Artists whose piece(s) are chosen will be contacted directly to arrange the logistical details.
The event will also feature a monarch butterfly painting workshop for all ages lead by youth artists. The conclusion of the event will be a collection of speakers that represent the Dreamers of Sonoma County who will share their experiences and offer opportunities to further support the cause.
We encourage everyone to take this opportunity to exhibit your artwork at the heart of Santa Rosa and Sonoma County, and to help support and empower immigrants amidst the current dehumanizing conversations regarding immigration.