FREE WEBINAR: Fundraising for Natural Disasters
When disasters strike, people immediately come together to help the affected communities.
For many, this aid comes in the form of monetary donations.But did you know that most of these contributions cease within a few weeks? Long-term recovery takes years, which means it’s imperative to keep the dollars flowing. Disaster fundraising is important for all communities. Remember, not all disasters make it to the news. Join us to understand disaster philanthropy and get the tools for effective fundraising. “Low attention” disasters threaten towns and cities nationwide year-round. Be ready to respond to the aftermath of a specific event or as a way to support preparedness. From grasstops to grassroots, we’ll discuss strategies for creating data-informed cases for support to foundations and corporations, best practices in disaster philanthropy, as well as working with community foundations and long-term recovery groups in small and rural towns.
Upon completion of this live, online training, you should be able to:
- Explain the lifecycle of disasters and its relevance to building strong, resilient communities
- Describe the three key elements of long-term recovery after disasters
- Articulate the importance of funding beyond immediate relief
- Identify where to find resources to support disaster-related fundraising strategies
- Define four best practices in disaster philanthropy
- Build a case to support disaster giving
Watch this webinar live and continue the Q&A conversation locally with your nonprofit peers at our Funding Information Network & partner locations! Click on a location to register for an in-person viewing:
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Eastern: 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Central: 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
Mountain: 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Pacific: 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
You must be logged in to enroll for this training.
To Learn More and to Enroll Click HERE