JOB OPPORTUNITY: Part-time Development & Events Manager
Are you a film lover and a database wizard? Even more importantly, are you able to connect, support, and communicate with an amazing community of donors and partners?
If so, then have we got a job for you! We’re looking for someone to join our team to strengthen our development efforts by helping us produce our crazy-fun, community-enriching events, jump in as a tech-savvy partner to handle data and make it sing, and connect our donors to the inspiring work we do on behalf of local students.
The Alexander Valley Film Society is seeking a Part-time Development and Events Manager (20-30 hours per week) to add to our small and resourceful team. Our ideal candidate is creative, self-directed, computer savvy, and experienced in an administrative work environment.
Development Management Responsibilities:
• Build and maintain relationships with key donors and sponsors in the community
• Maintain the donor database, continuously analyzing and implementing new systems to improve data, analyze current data, and make key additions
• Process all incoming gifts, including in-kind contributions
• Administer donor acknowledgment/thank you letters within 48 hours of receipt of gifts
• Staff the Development Committee, which reports to the Board
• Activate sponsorships during the festival
• Assist with annual campaigns
• Assist in all other areas of development administration
Event Management Responsibilities:
• Manage and coordinate all volunteers
• Manage and coordinate all aspects of the Drive-Ins, Oscars® Gala, and the annual Film Festival
• Assist in the execution of all additional screening series and screening events
• Staff the Winery Engagement Committee, which reports to the Board
• Staff the Planning Committee to ensure successful planning and implementation of the Oscars®
Gala and Film Festival
• A passion for supporting the arts in communities and schools
• The ability to work effectively with other staff members, Board members, high-level volunteers, and patrons
• A proven track record and/or interest in database management and special events, preferably with specific experience/interest in hospitality or the arts
• Excellent administrative skills including experience working in G-Suite and Microsoft office
• Self-directed and comfortable taking initiative
• Ability to be flexible and react quickly to change
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed for events
• A valid California driver’s license and auto insurance
• Must be detail-oriented and possess solid proofreading abilities
• Ability to lift 30lbs or more
• Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Kathryn Hecht at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 1.