JOB OPPORTUNITY: Production Artist/ Graphic Designer
Lightwave Laser https://lightwavelaser.com/ is a long-time Santa Rosa company dedicated to providing excellent customer service in a creative and progressive work environment. We offer precision artistry in crafting beautiful laser-cut wood and other materials, combining our technical expertise with creative application. We primarily serve industries based in hospitality, interior design, cabinetry, museum stores, and residential design. Visit our website and see our extensive library of patterns at: https://lightwavelaser.com/library-of-patterns/
You are positive, self-motivated, goal-oriented, and a responsible team player seeking a rapidly growing, manufacturing, work environment. You have a desire to learn and enjoy being challenged. You must be able to balance multiple priorities and have exceptional organizational skills. Accuracy and attention to detail is of the utmost importance.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer with up-to-date knowledge in marketing and creating vector artwork. Our primary software is Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. Projects vary depending on need, but the bulk of work is in Illustrator and InDesign, creating proofs and formatting custom artwork for production. In addition, there will be work on website updates, marketing materials including catalog, e-blasts and exhibition planning, and photography. This job involves primarily production work; it is not design-heavy.
• Work in Adobe Illustrator to prepare artwork for laser-cutting
• Modify client artwork to conform with company formats
• Prepare proofs in InDesign for client approval
• Prepare production artwork
• Interface with sales and production personnel concerning details of orders
• Assist with marketing projects: e-blasts, brochures, informational pdf’s, photo correction, website updates, photography
• Answer phones occasionally
• Prepare instructions and give direction to outside freelance graphic artists when needed
• Degree or AA in Graphic Design, a related field, or extensive graphic design and production experience
• Knowledge and experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign in a Windows format
• Strong understanding of vector art
• Sound sense of design, layout and visual artistic aesthetic
• Highly capable written and verbal communication skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Exceptional organizational skills. (Most essential)
• Flexibility – comfortable with changing priorities and tasks
• Adept at working with email, the internet, database and management software
• Strong Math and Windows/computer skills
• Ability to work quickly and multi-task.
• Experience with Filemaker Pro, QuickBooks and Squarespace is helpful
• Photography experience
• Experience working with outside freelance people
About this position:
• This position is full time–40 hours per week on-site in Santa Rosa
• Nine paid holidays and 15 days combined vacation/sick paid time off days per year
• Benefits: medical and dental after one month and Simple IRA plan with 3% matching after one year
• Supportive company, cheerful environment, excited and ready to grow
How to apply:
• Email a cover letter and your resume
• Please put ‘Graphic/Production Artist’ in the subject line.
• Please include online portfolio or pictures of work samples.
• No phone calls or in-person visits, please