JOB OPPORTUNITY: Senior Philanthropic Advisor
Marin Community Foundation is seeking a Senior Philanthropic Advisor.
Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct a search for a Senior Philanthropic Advisor on behalf of our incredible client, Marin Community Foundation. This dynamic leadership opportunity is for immediate hire and is based full-time from the Foundation’s headquarters in Novato, California.
Reporting directly to Director for Philanthropic Advising, the Senior Philanthropic Advisor (SPA) manages relationships with donors with diverse needs, interests and values. This position is responsible for helping each donor facilitate their grantmaking and fostering engagement in the philanthropic sector. The Senior Philanthropic Advisor also provides sector knowledge and high-quality educational programming to the Foundation’s donor community while coaching, guiding and building deep trust with each donor—ultimately leading to higher levels of giving and more strategic grantmaking.
- M.A./M.S. degree preferred; B.A./B.S. degree required in a related field, in addition to 2 years of work experience such as described in the essential functions above.
- Seven years of proven success in working at a major institution with high net worth individuals. Extensive experience in or with the nonprofit sector also highly desirable.
- Significant experience as a funder or in guiding funders/donors.
- Strong knowledge of the philanthropic sector and philanthropic giving vehicles, as well as the various laws and regulations affecting them.
- Proficient writing, editing and proofreading skills with the ability to gather and organize information appropriately and effectively; strong research and synthesizing abilities.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and the ability to effectively utilize proprietary software.
- Strong planning and implementation skills; excellent ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple competing assignments and responsibilities.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (listening, interpersonal, oral, and written).
- A high degree of professionalism, confidence, and flexibility that allows for working collaboratively and effectively with clients and colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent ability to work well in a team environment; ability to develop and maintain a good working relationship with the Foundation staff, members of the community, elected officials, the media, colleagues in other foundations, and members of the nonprofit sector.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Interest in philanthropy and the non-profit community
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please send your resume, cover letter/letter of interest, and salary requirements in a single PDF or Word document through Scion Staffing’s online portal: http://scionstaffing.com/jobportal/#/jobs/4957
Marin Community Foundation