Performing Arts Center Supervisor
The City of Rohnert Park is holding an open casting call for a Performing Arts Center Supervisor!
The ideal candidate has a passion for theatre and a head for business. Someone who can segue from the director’s chair to an office chair. A creative leader with expansive talent who can’t possibly be limited to only one role. Does this sound like you?
Spreckels Performing Arts Center is a cultural gem strategically located on the Green Music Center/Sonoma State corridor of Rohnert Park Expressway in Rohnert Park. Now in its twenty-second year, the Performing Arts Center continues to present award-winning theatre, music and dance. Over 20,000 people a year come through its doors from all over the bay area, making Spreckels not just a locally attended venue but a facility that entertains the entire region.
The Performing Arts Center Supervisor has the unique opportunity to act in a dual capacity as both production director responsible for all major theatre performances and supervisor overseeing business and facility operations at the center. Major duties for these roles include:
• Produces and directs major theatrical performances
• Responsible for casting, hiring contracted directors (as needed), musical directors, choreographers, costume designers, musicians, etc. for all major productions at the Performing Arts Center
• Oversees a semi-professional acting company
• Oversees set design, construction, props, sound effects, projections and lights
• Supervises, trains and directs the Performing Arts Center’s full and part-time staff, contract directors, technical crews, and volunteers
• Actively participates in fundraising, marketing and development efforts
• Manages box office activities
• Prepares budget recommendations, controls and tracks expenditures
• Oversees facility services, sales and maintenance