BARBIE: RESCUED & REINVENTED
Exhibit and Silent Auction – April 7 – 15, 2018
Deadline to enter: Friday, March 30, 2018
Here’s how to participate:
1. Come and pick out your Barbie.
We have over 150 used Barbies and Kens to choose from at the Sonoma Communtiy Center. Come to 276 E. Napa Street, Room 201 or the Main office between 9-5 Monday- Friday or make arrangements: email@example.com or 938-4626×3.
2. Pay entry fee: $25 per entry (non-refundable)
You are welcome to enter more than one doll for an additional fee of $25.
3. Deliver dolls to the Center by March 30, 2018.
All dolls must be received by 5:00 to be included in the exhibit.
For inspiration check out: https://www.pinterest.com/margaret9087/barbie-ideas/
Rules of participation:
• Have fun. Be inventive. Interpret this any way you like, but please use only recycled or re-purposed materials and stick to wholesome imagery.
• Artists must be willing to give the Sonoma Community Center permission to photograph their work for publicity purposes.
• All dolls must be delivered to the Sonoma Community Center by March 30.
• If you want to transform your own Barbie doll you must still apply and pay the entry fee.
• All dolls must be for sale.
• All dolls must remain on display through April 15. Silent Auction will close at 4:00.
• This Barbie exhibit is a silent auction. Starting bids are $25 with a “buy it now” price of $100 unless otherwise indicated. All proceeds benefit the Center’s educational programs.
• Unsold dolls revert to the artist.
• Sonoma Community Center reserves the right to decline participation in the exhibit for any reason deemed necessary.
About the Exhibit:
• Opening reception Saturday, April 7, 4:00 – 6:00pm – Gallery 212, Sonoma Community Center, 276 E. Napa Street, Sonoma
• Barbie Reinvented will be on display April 7-15
• Exhibit Entrance fee: $1 per visit. (no charge for artists)
• Gallery hours: 10:00- 4:00 every day during Trashion Week, April 7- 15
• Show /bidding closes 4:00 Sunday, April 15
• Unsold Barbies will be available for pick up Tuesday April 17.
All proceeds from this event benefit the Center’s educational programs.
For complete details about Trashion Fashion week: trashionfashionsonoma.org
or call 707-938-4626 x1