JOB OPPORTUNITY: Bilingual Community Engagement Coordinator
About this role:
As our Bilingual Community Engagement Coordinator, you will support the Sonoma Community Center in building authentic relationships with Sonoma Valley communities who may not yet feel like they belong at the Center. You’ll work closely with both our programming and our marketing teams to listen and collect community data, use that data to develop community-based arts and education activities, and ultimately ensure that the Community Center is a welcoming, inviting place for people of all backgrounds. You’ll do this by working with others to:
● collect data and input from the community that will help inform our programs and operations;
● ensure that the Center’s communications are culturally relevant and responsive;
● ensure that the Center is a welcoming space for all; and
● recruit new instructors who represent a diversity of backgrounds.
How to Apply:
This position will be open until filled, but we encourage applicants to submit their materials by Friday, January 7. An in-person information session will take place at the Sonoma Community Center on Monday, December 13 from 6-7pm; a virtual information session will take place on Friday, December 17, also from 6-7pm. These sessions are optional, and not a requirement to apply.
To apply, please send us:
1. A resume, and;
2. Your answer to the following: please describe your personal lived experience engaging with diverse communities, or your professional experience working with diverse communities, or your passion for uplifting/supporting diverse communities. You are welcome to write your answer in an email or attachment, or to record a video of yourself responding to this prompt.
Read full description of position HERE