JOB OPPORTUNITY: Development Manager
Healdsburg Jazz Development Manager
The Development Manager manages development activities, including contributions or donations from individuals, corporations, foundations, and granting agencies. This person will partner with the Board of Directors’ Fundraising Committee to support the fundraising initiatives and donor cultivation and stewardship. This person will manage memberships. This person is also involved with donor and special events. The ideal candidate must be creative and enjoy working in a non-profit environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
The Development Manager will perform a broad variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
• Work with ED and in collaboration with Fundraising Committee to implement the fundraising plans to meet strategic goals.
Responsible for overseeing all functions of the donor database AudienceView management. Oversee, track, update accurate data. Assure the donor database is maintained and updated appropriately. Report on status and progress.
• Help coordinate special events such as Annual Fundraising Gala, VIP Patron events, Year-End & Membership Appeals, and various fundraising activities i.e. Auctions, donor cultivation events, and others
• Actively develop and maintain relationships with local businesses and community partners to support fundraising activities
.Research fundraising potential with donors, foundations, and grants
• Develop collateral materials including patron and sponsor packets, invitations to special donor events, web-based communications, and other marketing materials.
• Maintain relationships with donors through a thoughtful communication plan that includes timely acknowledgements i.e. outreach letter, thank you letters, invitations, site visits, and reports.
• Ensure integrity of record keeping and communication with donors.
• Provide content for and help maintain social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and ensure website is up to date, alongside ED.
• Provide general support for planning and events.
Board and Committee Support and Liaison
• Serve as the key staff to the Fundraising Committee of the Board of Directors.
• Keep ED updated on all fundraising development activities.
With ED’s guidance:
• Help manage communication strategy and activities, including its social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), website, mailchimp, and program brochures/kits.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, local businesses, and donors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Highly resourceful team-player, also with the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment and to work under pressure.
• Experience and comfort in diverse communities.
• Must have respect for cultural differences and must be physically able to perform all job responsibilities, which may include duties such as sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, driving and lifting minimum 25lbs as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum 1 -2 years of experience in donor development and non-profit fundraising.
• Willingness to learn cultivation, solicitation and closing of corporate, foundation and individual donors.
• Knowledge of fundraising and special events planning management
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Social Media and web platforms. Comfortable with database work and email systems such as Mailchimp. Adobe a plus.
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
Compensation: up to $50,000 per year.
HOURS OF WORK: Flexible working conditions. Some evening and weekend work is required in preparation for and during Annual one-week Festival, fundraising events, and concerts/workshops.
RÉSUMÉ AND COVER LETTER TO: Gayle Okumura Sullivan ED at: email@example.com
PO Box 266
Healdsburg CA 95448
Please attach all documents in PDF format.