JOB OPPORTUNITY: Digital Marketing Specialist
Petaluma Arts Center
230 Lakeville Street
Petaluma, CA 94952
Hours: Thursday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Friday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Saturday 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Digital Marketing Specialist
Petaluma Arts Center
Start date: September 13, 2021
With a mission of Building Community through Art, the Petaluma Arts Center (PAC) is dedicated to building our community’s creative capacity by making art an increasingly vital and meaningful part of our public life.
In service of our mission and vision, PAC
- Strives to present innovative, inspiring and meaningful art exhibitions.
- Maintains a sustainable, accessible and inclusive space for community gatherings and for diverse artistic expressions and experiences.
- Enriches Petaluma both culturally and economically.
- Provides artistic and educational opportunities for learners of all ages.
- Fosters creativity by embracing new audiences and new ways of seeing the world.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will manage and implement all digital communication with members, artists and the larger community. Key aspects of the marketing strategy include a weekly newsletter, an evolving website with dynamic content, and ongoing social media postings. The Digital Marketing Specialist will work with our Executive Director, Operations Manager, graphic designer and other members of our team to articulate and communicate PAC’s identity, mission and programs to a broad and diverse audience.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
This is a contract position of 12 hours/week. Salary is $25/hour. Some evening and weekend hours required.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Website content and design
- Update information on exhibitions, education and events and other key content
- Align look and feel with other PAC communications platforms
- Implement structural/organizational changes and conduct regular audits of the site
- Edit content for weekly e-newsletter
- Create look and feel to match PAC brand
- Manage email database and contact lists
- Distribute weekly to members and the wider community
- Develop and maintain a social media calendar
- Create regular postings on Facetime, Instagram and Twitter with text and visual content
- Analyze social media trends and traction and provide monthly report
- Maintain local and regional calendar listings
- Write press releases as needed
- Identify opportunities for editorial pieces about PAC
- Work with Marketing Committee and staff to expand and diversify audiences
- Manage Eventbrite listings
- Attend PAC events when needed for additional staff support
- Identify beneficial advertising venues and potential partners
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
A combination of experience and education are required.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is highly desirable
- 2-4 years of digital marketing and communications experience
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- Proficiency with Mailchimp and Squarespace
- Graphics skills
- Photo and video editing
- Basic copywriting
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to wear multiple hats
- A love of the arts
- Connection to Petaluma/Sonoma County cultural landscape
- Ability to collaborate with multiple constituents to achieve goals
- Strong communication and writing skills
Please send a letter of interest, a current resume and a digital sample of your work to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by September 6, 2021.