JOB OPPORTUNITY: Managing Director
The Valley of the Moon Music Festival (VMMF) is seeking a full-time Managing Director to support the operations of its annual summer festival in Sonoma, and to help VMMF realize its vision, fulfill its mission, and achieve its goals for artistic success, financial stability, and community engagement.
The Festival is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a small year-round staff and additional seasonal staff. VMMF recently completed its 8th annual festival, expanding its programming and exceeding its ticket sales goal.
This new full-time position offers an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded professional to join a team of talented staff, artists, and board members, as we embark on planning for the 9th season and the 10-year anniversary in 2024.
This position is a permanent full-time job at approximately 40 hours per week, with additional hours leading up to and during the summer festival. Willingness to participate actively year-round in the Festival’s activities and events, including weekdays, evenings, and weekends, is very important. Ability to live and work in Sonoma from July 14-31, 2023 is required. Housing during that period will be provided if the candidate does not live in the Sonoma Valley. This position is remote and we have a preference for candidates from Northern CA.
• Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in arts administration, music, or business
• At least 2 years of event or project management experience, including managing staff
• Experience working in support of a Board of Directors
• Highly detail oriented and have strong time management skills
• Exceptional communication and people skills, and is able to establish and maintain positive relationships with many different individuals and groups
• Creative thinker and problem solver
• High level of proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Excel, and Word
• Familiar with IRS guidelines relating to nonprofits and charitable donations
• Flexible, open-minded, thoughtful, and has a good sense of humor
• Passionate about music, the arts, and the mission of the Festival
Full-time / Exempt / Salaried commensurate with experience and in the range of $72,000-80,000 a year. Paid vacation and sick leave.
To apply, please send a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Managing Director – YOUR LAST NAME
Full description HERE