JOB OPPORTUNITY: Office Administrator
Job Title: Office Administrator
Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Location: Healdsburg, CA
Reports to: Executive Director
Healdsburg Jazz, Inc., known as one of the top jazz performance and arts education nonprofits in Northern California, is looking for an experienced, full-time Office Administrator to manage the day-to-day operations and bookkeeping. Though primary responsibilities are office management and bookkeeping, we are seeking a highly motivated self-starter whose organizational skills will also be called on to also assist with festival planning, marketing coordination, grant reporting and membership coordination.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled administrator and lover of the arts who thrives in a fast-paced work environment, who can juggle multiple priorities with ease, and is a creative problem solver. An ideal candidate would be someone who is comfortable working independently but understands the importance of follow-through and accountability.
Working in conjunction with the Executive Director, Artistic Director and Board Treasurer, the candidate must be a self-reliant professional and possess strong bookkeeping ability and successful office management know-how, preferably with a non-profit organization. Maintains close and highly responsive relationship to day-to-day activities. The successful candidate will be strong team player, excellent communicator, respectful, flexible and possess an ability to juggle shifting priorities with equanimity.
· QuickBooks: 3 years
· Office management: 3 years
· Bookkeeping: 3 years
· Experience using QuickBooks and Excel
· Enter all financial transactions (e.g., credit cards, checks, reimbursements).
· Ensure expenditures are appropriately categorized using chart of accounts.
· Manage accounts payable and prepare checks for signature.
· Enter bank debit transactions.
· Prepare and make bank deposits.
· Reconcile bank and credit card statement transactions.
· Process state and federal payroll tax deposits, reports and file tax forms (1099).
· Prepare financial reports
· Assist with operating budget projections and grant budgeting.
· Tactfully handles inquiries and/or refers to appropriate party. Refers routine matters to appropriate person for action and follows up to ensure completion.
· Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and itineraries. Anticipates and prepares meeting materials, charts and reports as needed.
· Maintains complex spreadsheets. Compiles and analyzes information.
· Composes routine and non-routine correspondence and reports, and produces high quality reports, presentations, or other documents.
· Manages all administrative aspects of the Membership program.
· Assist in writing grant reports.
· Coordinates activities, conducts research and ensures that requests are carried out.
· Handles a wide variety of situations and tasks involving the clerical and administrative functions of the office.
· Monitor registration and other logistics for music education programs.
· Ensure office is clean and organized.
1. Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
2. Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
3. Must possess strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), QuickBooks and database management.
4. Ability to work collaboratively with staff, board, volunteers, members and donors.
5. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to respect and adhere to strict rules of confidentiality.
7. Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
8. Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure.
9. Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
10. Must have working knowledge of office procedures and office equipment.
11. Must have working knowledge and experience in maintaining filing systems.
1. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
2. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
3. Use hands and fingers in repetitive motions, daily.
4. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Highly Desired Qualifications
1. Previous experience working in a nonprofit environment.
2. Event management and logistics.
3. Bachelor’s Degree
Office is a non-smoking, non-scented environment.
Must maintain a current and valid driver’s license and must be insurable.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Pay is commensurate with experience. No phone calls, please.