JOB OPPORTUNITY: Office Operations Manager
Office Operations Manager Job Description 2021
Job Title: Office Operations Manager
Location: Healdsburg, CA
Reports to: Executive Director
Type: Full-time, flexible work schedule, and location
Healdsburg Jazz is the premier jazz presenting organization north of the Golden Gate Bridge, and a cultural arts leader in Healdsburg. If you are passionate about music and the arts, this is a wonderful opportunity. We have a dynamic new Artistic Director, renowned musician/composer/educator/band leader, Marcus Shelby. Join us in shaping this next generation of Healdsburg Jazz.
The Office/Operations Manager is responsible for administration, operations, and production management/support for Healdsburg Jazz serves as technology lead and ensures the organization is run as a fiscally responsible non-profit. So important. The Office/Operations Manager works closely with the Executive Director and the Artistic Director with program management; box office and database management; technology lead; marketing coordination; fundraising and membership coordination; volunteer coordination; calendaring/scheduling; grant support and general assistance. Works fairly independently, receiving a minimum level of detailed supervision and guidance. Maintains close and highly responsive relationship to day-to-day activities. Potential for career advancement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support for Healdsburg Jazz operations, music education programs, Parlor Jazz concerts, events like the Gala fundraiser, and the annual Healdsburg Jazz Festival.
- Helps manage and maintain external website, online programs such as Zoom, AudienceView/OvationTix (our database system), and assists with e-newsletters
- Maintains complex spreadsheets and runs the database. Independently gathers, compiles and analyzes information from multiple sources.
- Processes memberships
- Sets up registration, box office, and other logistics for concerts and music education programs.
- As liaison to bookkeeper, provides necessary documentation
- Works with the Artistic Director to coordinate the administrative details of artistic programming.
- Maintains monthly project calendar and helps with scheduling appointments, meetings and itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements.
- Tactfully handles inquiries and/or refers to appropriate party. Refers routine matters to appropriate person for action and follows up to ensure completion.
- Ensures office is neat and organized.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Premiere Pro, Websites, Zoom, Vimeo, and database management.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, board, volunteers, members and donors.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect and adhere to strict rules of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Must have working knowledge of office procedures and office equipment.
- Must have working knowledge and experience in maintaining filing systems.
- Must maintain a current and valid driver’s license and must be insurable.
Physical demands, during times such as festival and concerts, and in office
- Ability to lift and carry items such as beverage cases and inventory.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Use hands and fingers in repetitive motions, daily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Highly Desired Qualifications
- Previous experience working with nonprofits.
- Event management and logistics.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Salary Range: $35-50k