JOB OPPORTUNITY: Part-time Program Manager
Chalk Hill Artist Residency is Now Hiring
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Healdsburg, CA
Terms: Part-Time, 24 hours/week, Tuesday-Friday 9 am – 3 pm (flexible)
Note: The position requires additional hours for Seasonal Open Studios
Salary: $20-$25/hour based on experience
Contact Name: Margo Merck and Martine Matejczyk
About us: Chalk Hill Artist Residency, a 501-C3 since 2010, provides time and space at Warnecke Ranch and Vineyard for the creation of new art works in all mediums. Our artists are valued and represent the diverse world in which live.
Website links: chalkhillresidency.com warneckearchives.com warneckeranch.com
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the residency: emails, social media, voicemail, texts
- Schedule and maintain residency calendar of artists, coordinating arrivals & departures
- Coordinate Studio Days, Open Studios, Annual Fundraiser, and other programs and events
- Manage online application, selection process, and calendar for the residents
- Create and maintain artists’ contracts and collect payment from artists
- Prepare invoices/receipts, write, record, and deposit checks
- Track program budget and complete monthly expense reports
- Some grant writing and fundraising
- Photograph artists work, studio visits and open studios
- Maintain websites for the Residency and Archive
- Promote programs through online, email, and social media
- Manage Architectural Archive internship program including communication with university partners and supervising interns
- Assist Executive Director with Architectural Archives research requests and other duties as needed
Required or Relevant Knowledge, Skills, and Traits:
Strong commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility
Strong writing, verbal, and computer skills
The ability to work independently on a variety of projects.
Demonstrated work ethic, strong people skills and a positive attitude.
Experience using apple computers, Word/Pages, Excel/Numbers, Wix, Mail Chimp, Canva, GoDaddy. (Willing to train the right person).
Experience with graphic design and webpage edits.
Job involves lifting and hanging art or objects, which includes lifting up to 25 lbs.
Experience and/or personal interest in the arts is preferred.
Knowledge of and/or interest in architecture, history, and/or archives a plus.
Prior experience with grant writing and fundraising is a plus.
3.5 paid vacation days annually – accrued after working for one year. 3 paid sick days, or 24 hours annually.
Work on a beautiful ranch with lots of fresh air and sunlight.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject line of your email should be “Program Manager – your name.”
Please submit applications by April 22, 2023.
Chalk Hill Artist Residency is committed to a diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from all qualified individuals, as such Chalk Hill Artist Residency is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all applicants, employees, volunteers, and interns.