JOB OPPORTUNITY - Patron Services Manager
PATRON SERVICES MANAGER
Santa Rosa Symphony Association
JOB TITLE: Patron Services Manager
Salaried / Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Patron Services
SUPERVISES: Patron Services Associate
JOB LOCATION: Santa Rosa, California
START DATE: December 2021 preferred
COMPENSATION: $45,000-$50,000 salary + comprehensive benefits including medical and dental coverage, long-term disability insurance, 401(k) and generous time off policy
EMAIL a cover letter and resume to:
No phone calls please
Deadline: November 30, 2021
This position is responsible for the smooth operation of all subscription and single ticket sales, oversees e-marketing initiatives, works with symphony department managers in maintaining accurate records; implements Patron Services procedures; executes effective audience development strategies and develops superior community relations while representing the organization in a professional manner.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Require minimum 3 years work experience in customer service supervision and prefer one-year box office experience.
• Strong PC and MS Office skills including demonstrated competence in Word, Excel, Outlook and internet dealings.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and organizational skills, polished public manner, and ability to work well with board members, donors, volunteers, and a diverse group of staff with attention to detail and ability to multi-task in fast-paced team environment.
• High energy, sense of humor, and grace under pressure.
• Interest in contributing to marketing department.
• Experience with database use/management is strongly recommended.
• A knowledge of and/or interest in the performing arts is preferred.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise and train all Patron Services employees and volunteers.
• Maintain schedule of Patron Services employee hours.
• Provide complete and accurate information to Patron Services staff about current productions, programs and general Symphony information.
• Monitor payroll for staff including over-time hours, anticipating extra needs.
• Responsible for end of day reconciliation and bank deposits.
• Prepare weekly ticket reports of all events, more often as necessary.
• Implement marketing promotions and special offers.
• Work directly with Director of Marketing to orchestrate and facilitate all aspects of subscription renewal process, new subscription campaigns and single ticket campaigns.
• Maintain and oversee updates to patron database.
• Works directly with Director of Marketing to conduct audience and market research as needed. Provide statistical and demographic information to the Association as requested.
• Maintain professional appearance of the Patron Services Office.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the President & CEO or Director of Marketing.
• Play active role in handling telephone inquiries and ticket orders.
• Maintain a cordial and productive relationship with the public by personally dealing with customer concerns in a timely and efficient fashion.
• Provide a consistently excellent customer service experience by maintaining the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism.
• Develop and maintain strong knowledge of Theatre Manager ticketing software.
• Build all ticketed events & performances in Theater Manager.
• Track success of marketing and public relations efforts, reporting to Director of Marketing with analysis; track progress toward single ticket and subscription goals.
• Organize and plan procedures for ticket transactions for all events, including single and season subscription packages, ensuring that these procedures carry out ticketing policies.
• Monitor accurate processing of tickets sales, donations, merchandise sales and ticket reports for accuracy.
• Reconcile all tickets sold with the Theater Manager system, including the verification of all charges and a reconciliation with the Finance Director as questions arise.
• Manage and coordinate all web ticket sales (education and other special events in additional to regular symphony concerts).
• Handle special ticket orders, requests and refunds.
• Manage seating requests, changes and upgrades.
• Effectively handle patron complaints, patron special needs and VIP’s.
• Manage group sales program and other targeted ticket sales programs; monitor and report on results.
• Oversees processing of complimentary ticket requests and maintain comp ticket lists.
• Maintain and update subscription records and lists.
• Oversee mailing of all single and season tickets.
• Assist Development/Marketing/Education Directors with special ticketing needs and functions.
• Staff all SRS performances and provide necessary Patron Services personnel staff.
• Provide cash boxes and starting bank for concert sales (tickets, all merchandise sales, etc.).
• Assist house manager with seating problems at performances as needed.
• Account for accurate ticket sales information for all SRS performances.
• Reconcile ticket sales and revenues for each concert cycle immediately following closing of Patron Services Office at each event.
• Manage SRS remote box office at performances by coordinating the set-up and breakdown of equipment to include: laptops, ticket printers and scanners.
Internet Marketing and Social Media:
• Works with Director of Marketing to develop and execute internet marketing campaigns to increase the acquisition and conversion of site visitors.
• Implement and coordinate special online offers and marketing initiatives as related to ticket sales and patron services.
• Track and report detailed site metrics while identifying ways to enhance results.
• Attends all Audience Development Committee meetings.
• Manage papering the house outreach activities to insure 85% attendance rate.
• Engage with major local hotel concierges to enroll tourist attendance.
• Supervises Symphony Month outreach.
• Identify and implement effective Symphony Week activities as needed.
Full-time: Monday-Friday, 9am-5:00pm at downtown Santa Rosa office with additional weekend day and/or evening hours to provide oversight and assist Patron Services (box office) duties at all SRS concerts and special events at performance venues. Excluding Symphony Pops and SRS Education concerts.
Santa Rosa Symphony is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.