JOB OPPORTUNITY: Preschool Atelierista (Art Teacher)
Mixed Greens is a Mixed Age, Green Certified program, serving 2-6 year olds in Santa Rosa since 2010.
We are environmentally focused, spending much of our time outdoors, and are highly inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach, constructing emergent curriculum based on the interests of the children. The Mixed Greens community fosters family friendships that last for years. We enjoy low adult:child ratios and a fun, supportive staff that values creativity and flexibility!
Atelierista (Art/Studio) Teacher (approx. 20-25 hrs/wk):
Pay DOE, but within competitive range of local preschools, typically beginning at 16-17/hour
Atelierista: “One who works in an ‘attic’ or studio, who encourages the children to express
themselves symbolically through artistic work, including drawing, painting, sculpture, puppetry, or any other forms of creative expression.”
• Knowledge of & Experience with a variety of Studio Art methods & materials
• At least 6 ECE units + 1 year experience in an Early Childhood Education setting; preferred
Fine Arts degree or certificate
• Familiar with the “Hundred Languages” Reggio Emilia approach and other current best ECE practices. Willing to work as a team with colleagues to facilitate Developmentally Appropriate curriculum in indoor & outdoor environments, and to participate in Professional Development.
• Elaborate upon current children’s interests by providing materials and techniques to illustrate and expand upon current inquiries.
• Create Documentation and Displays highlighting the work and learning of the children.
• Ability to maintain dynamic, engaging, well-stocked, organized, and aesthetically pleasing
Indoor and Outdoor Studio spaces
• Provide safe, sanitary, and patient personal care: preparing/serving food, changing diapers,
assisting with bathroom use, tending to all children’s hygienic needs. *Remain up-to-date with Covid-19 mitigation practices, and ensure that best health and safety practices are fully carried out at all times.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE:
• Love for children and nature, flexibility, positivity, RELIABILITY, sense of humor!
• Must successfully pass a LiveScan Criminal Background Clearance
• Must pass a Health Screening and TB test before hire
• Mandated Child Abuse Reporter Training
• Current EMSA CPR and First Aid certification (we can help you attain this if need be)
• Must be an enthusiastic, energetic, team player!
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people within our community
• Excellent communication skills
• Bilingual a plus
• Basic computer competencies (email and web-based documentation mandatory)
• Classroom and outdoor playground supervision, as well as standard child care, basic cleaning,
and lots of cuddles are also important elements of this job!
• Willing to play outside in all weather!
• Cleaning of our school environment and materials is a shared duty
• Able to lift a child weighing 40 pounds throughout the day
• DTaP, MMR, and Flu vaccinations required, Covid Vaccine highly recommended
For a full description of the position and requirements please see the attached PDF.
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, and refErences to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to meet you!