JOB OPPORTUNITY: Programs and Office Associate
Job Description: Program and Office Associate
Hours: 40 hours per week, non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Operations
Salary and Benefits: $23-26 per hour, paid vacation and sick time, health & medical insurance, 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan with 4% company match
About the Sonoma Community Center:
Housed in the beautiful 107-year old Sonoma Grammar School building just off Sonoma Plaza, the Sonoma Community Center was founded in 1953 as a resource for community enrichment through the arts. Today, the mission of the Sonoma Community Center is to cultivate a vibrant community through extraordinary creative, cultural, and learning experiences. Driven by values of community, innovation, creativity, inclusion, and leadership, the Center offers a broad range of classes, events, and performances that encourage people from all walks of life to create, connect, thrive, and build community together.
About this position:
The Programs and Office Associate plays a crucial role in ensuring that all operations at the Sonoma Community Center – including classes and events – run smoothly. From scheduling and registration all the way through paying our instructors, you’ll be closely involved in every component of SCC program development, execution, and administration. You’ll play an important role also with customer service and help ensure that our main office runs smoothly. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you’ll also work closely with the entire program staff team, as well as the marketing and operations teams to ensure the success of SCC programming.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
Program administrative Support
- Support program staff with scheduling of classes by ensuring that our master scheduling spreadsheet is kept up to date, and tracking availability of rooms and times.
- Ensure that all SCC classes are accurately entered onto the SCC website
- Manage and maintain the SCC website class registration back-end, ensuring that all information is correct and that all automated processes (including automated messages to class participants) are working as they should
- Ensure that all instructors and teaching artists receive and sign a contract and any other required paperwork. Ensure that all receive copies of any applicable policies.
- Work with program staff team to monitor class enrollment and communicate enrollment numbers, issues, and questions as needed with instructors and SCC staff. Print out class rosters for instructors/staff before first day of class.
- Monitor class waiting lists and SCC class credit log
- Manage financial closeout of all classes and submit instructor payment requests to SCC Bookkeeper
- In collaboration with Program Director, set up and update data reports to track enrollment, scholarship requests, and other class data on a monthly basis
- Audit the website regularly to check for accuracy
- Sell tickets and provide customer service for SCC box office patrons
- Keep registration records for events and coordinates event check-ins
Front Desk Customer Service
- Work 20 hours per week at the front desk to welcome visitors, assist them with questions and help them navigate the Center and our programs.
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls, and participate in tours of the building as requested.
- Process in-person payments for class registration, merchandise sales, memberships, and other donations
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail & deliveries
- Restock flyers, bulletin boards, and informational items located around the front office/building
- Ensure that reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material
- Work with Director of Operations to order office supplies and keep an inventory of stock
- Other duties as assigned
This job may be a fit for you if:
- You pride yourself on your attention to detail
- You are proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- You have an interest in running and continually improving administrative systems
- You have excellent organizational skills
- You have an interest in engaging your community around great creative and learning opportunities
- You are able to keep up with regular weekly tasks while also working on larger, longer-term projects
- You demonstrate empathy and respect in all interpersonal interactions
- You can communicate with clarity and authenticity in both written and spoken English
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred
How to Apply:
To apply, please send us:
- A resume outlining your fit for this position
- Your answer to the following: can you give us an example of when your attention to detail helped solve a problem that you or someone else was facing? You are welcome to write your answer in an email or attachment, or to record a video of yourself responding to this prompt.
Please send your materials to Charlotte Hajer, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Questions about the role? Please reach out to Charlotte Hajer at the email listed above or via phone/text at (415) 696-3371.
The Sonoma Community Center is committed to an equitable, inclusive, and accessible application process for the open Program Associate position. We are seeking applicants of all races, cultural backgrounds, abilities, and gender identities. If you require any assistance in accessing the job description or require an accommodated application process please reach out to Charlotte Hajer for more information.