JOB OPPORTUNITY: Radio Executive Producer
Based in Sonoma County, Northern California Public Media (NorCal) serves the San Francisco region through two public television stations, KRCB and KPJK, and one public radio station, KRCB FM. As one of the few community-owned and operated media entities serving the region, NorCal offers PBS, NPR and Independent Public Broadcasting programming.
NorCal currently seeks a highly qualified and passionate Radio Executive Producer to join their organization. The Radio Executive Producer will report to the President & CEO and oversee the organization’s radio production and presentation function, including management of radio staff, programming, promotion, branding, news, digital product management, and project management. The Radio Executive Producer will bring innovation and creativity and explore new methods to better serve our local community of listeners through our radio and news department.
Bilingual Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.
- Manage and refine the format of NorCal’s radio operation integrating NPR, local news and locally hosted music programming to be successful in a competitive radio environment
- Responsible for all radio content management – on-air, website, social media, all digital distribution channels both local originated and national
- Understand our audience and develop content surrounding their needs and interests
- Key participant in supporting station branding, marketing, promotions, and fundraising activities
- Explore potential alliances with other local entities to expand the reach and impact of the station and its programming
- Manage grants and sponsorships as they relate to radio production project deliverables
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport and effective communication with staff, management, and colleagues
- Establish systems and procedures as needed
- Knowledge of humanities, science, and political issues
- Knowledge and understanding of production pipelines, on air promotion, national syndication, budgets, and multimedia platforms
- Experience with broadcast automation software (iMedia Touch Enterprise preferred), newsroom systems (Burli Newsroom preferred), and ProTools, or Adobe Audition
- Savvy computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise, coach, and develop employees; emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Strong familiarity with Northern California, particularly Sonoma County, and passion for local news
- Knowledge of broadcast station management and policies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Strong attention to detail
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work occasional late evenings and weekends
- Minimum of seven years media experience
- Minimum of five years of management experience
- BA/BS degree in media, management, or other related field
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
This is an on-site role that requires the Radio Executive Producer to work at our Rohnert Park, California office. NorCal employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and if hired, must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
What we offer:
This is a full-time, exempt, base salary position with benefits offered—medical, dental, vision, 403B, paid vacation and holidays.
How to apply:
Send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject heading “RadioEP— CS.”
NorCal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. NorCal does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other legally protected status.
For more information on NorCal visit us at www.norcalpublicmedia.org