JOB OPPORTUNITY: Sr. Manager, Development and Marketing
Job Title: Senior Manager, Development and Marketing
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Exempt, 40 hours per week, some weekends and evenings required
Position Description: The Museum of Sonoma County (MSC) seeks a Senior Manager, Development and Marketing to join our team to advance the art and history mission of this vibrant community-oriented organization. This position will represent the Museum to the public; assist ED and Board in setting and achieving fundraising and marketing goals; manage solicitations and stewardship; coordinate marketing efforts; oversee grant applications; manage fundraising drives and events; and supervise the Membership and Development Associate. We are excited to welcome a dynamic team player to our Museum family.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on relationship building and fundraising opportunities; work with the Board’s Development Committee to maximize MSC’s fundraising potential.
- Coordinate fundraising campaigns, development events, including the annual Gala, in cooperation with Museum staff and board.
- Manage and monitor development and marketing strategies and budget.
- Serve as a passionate and informed advocate for the Museum. Clearly communicate the impact of MSC’s work, verbally and in writing.
- Coordinate MSC’s marketing efforts; oversee MSC’s communications and public relations strategies; manage work of graphic designer and PR/marketing consultants.
- Identify and oversee grant opportunities, proposals, and reporting.
- Oversee MSC’s Planned Giving program.
- Supervise work of the Development and Membership Associate including record-keeping for Museum donations and memberships, appropriate and timely donor recognition, and donor and member stewardship.
- Oversee social media efforts and web updates by the Development and Membership Associate and other staff.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or commensurate experience required.
- Experience with fundraising event planning required.
- Experience with member and donor relationships required.
- Experience with non-profit database management required.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat fluency required.
- Experience with developing and managing a budget preferred.
- Experience working in a museum or other cultural organization preferred.
- Experience with grants preferred.
- Experience with Constant Contact, NonProfitEasy(Fundly), WordPress, and Point of Sale systems preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, flexible, personable, organized, multi-tasker who is accurate with details.
- Excellent donor relation skills.
- Creative and strategic thinker with superb verbal and written skills. Selected candidates may be asked to submit a writing sample.
- High degree of integrity and drive.
- Collaborative team player that is respectful of others.
- Must be proactive, work under deadlines and implement projects in a timely manner.
- Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Sitting at desk for prolonged periods of time, walking, standing, climbing stairs, hearing (telephone, at meetings, etc.) lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds, and reaching both above and below shoulder height.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range is $75,000 – $89,000. Full-time Museum employees are eligible for medical, dental, FSA, vacation and paid time off as outlined in the Employee Handbook. Museum staff members enjoy free admission to hundreds of museums around the country, free or discounted admission to all Museum events and programs, and discounts at the Museum shop.
Mission Statement: The Museum of Sonoma County engages and inspires our diverse community with art and history exhibitions, collections, and public programs that are inclusive, educational, and relevant.
The Museum of Sonoma County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- All applications must include a resume and cover letter explaining how you are qualified, and why you are interested in this position. Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to:
- The initial interview process will be remote. No phone calls, please.
- Deadline: open until filled.