Part-Time Financial Manager
Job Title: Financial Manager
Effective: February 2018
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: 25 hrs per week, non-exempt
The Museums of Sonoma County (MSC) seeks a part-time Financial Manager to maintain current and accurate accounting and investment records of the Museums of Sonoma County’s activities, prepare and analyze financial statements, and assist the Executive Director with cash flow analysis, budgeting and planning.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly financial statements and assist the Executive Director in the preparation and management of the annual budget.
- Reports financial data at the Finance committee meetings.
- Maintain accounting systems, including the review of cash receipts and preparation of disbursements (payables), account reconciliation, and other bookkeeping functions.
- Assists the Executive Director in cash flow management.
- Works closely with Auditor, providing all necessary information for annual audit.
- Prepares and files sales tax returns, property tax exemptions and 1099s.
- Works closely with Operations Manager to prepare payroll and oversee select HR functions and contracts.
- Maintains appropriate paper files associated with bookkeeping entries necessary for both taxes and grant audits.
- Maintain internal controls over areas such as petty cash, bulk mail postage accounts, point-of-sale, and donor databases.
- Maintains chart of accounts, ledgers, and budget records.
- Provides financial support data for Museum grant preparation.
- Reconciles gift contributions and memberships with donor database.
- Maintains the Museum’s insurance policies for property, liability, D&O, workers compensation, fine art, and collections.
- Degree in accounting, finance or business management.
- Experience with non-profit accounting required.
- 4+ years of increasing responsibility in financial management, including financial statement preparation and annual audits.
- QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel fluency required.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Communicates well at all levels of organization.
- Works independently with minimum supervision.
- Keeps privileged information confidential.
- Completes work in accurate and timely manner.
- Good team player – works cooperatively with other Museum staff.
- Position will be contingent upon successful background check.
Typical physical demands
- Sitting at desk, walking, standing, climbing stairs, hearing (telephone, at meetings, etc.), lifting/carrying (up to 15 pounds).
Computer, telephone, copier, fax machine, calculator, and other electronic office equipment.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to:
Katie Azanza, Operations Manager
No phone calls, please
Deadline: Sunday, February 4, 2018
The Museums of Sonoma County (MSC) explore and interpret art, history and culture from the regional to the international. With two points of entry, regional collections and a sculpture garden, the Museums serve as a creative nexus and gathering place for the community.
MSC is an equal opportunity employer.