JOB OPPORTUNITY: Program Associate
Hours: 20 hours per week, non-exempt
Reports to: Program Director
Salary and Benefits: $23-26 per hour, paid sick time, 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan with 4% company match
About the Sonoma Community Center: Housed in the beautiful 107-year old Sonoma Grammar School building just off Sonoma Plaza, the Sonoma Community Center was founded in 1953 as a resource for community enrichment through the arts. Today, the mission of the Sonoma Community Center is to cultivate a vibrant community through extraordinary creative, cultural, and learning experiences. Driven by values of community, innovation, creativity, inclusion, and leadership, the Center offers a broad range of classes, events, and performances that encourage people from all walks of life to create, connect, thrive, and build community together.
About this position: The Programs Associate plays a crucial role in ensuring that all Sonoma Community Center classes and events run smoothly. From scheduling and registration all the way through paying our instructors and analyzing program data, you’ll be closely involved in every component of SCC program development, execution, and evaluation. Reporting to the Program Director, you’ll work closely with the entire program staff team, as well as the marketing and operations teams to ensure the success of SCC programming.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Support program staff with quarterly scheduling of classes, and ensure that our master scheduling spreadsheet is kept neat and up to date
- Ensure that all SCC classes are accurately entered onto the SCC website
- Manage and maintain the SCC website class registration back-end, ensuring that all information is correct and that all automated processes (including automated messages to class participants) are working as they should
- Manage instructor contracts and oversee collection and processing of related paperwork: ensure that instructors receive a contract as well as copies of all applicable policies. Track signed contracts in DocuSign and ensure that any other required paperwork (e.g. COVID vaccine certifications) is collected and filed
- Work with program staff team to monitor class enrollment and communicate enrollment numbers, issues, and questions as needed with instructors and SCC staff. Print out class rosters for instructors/staff before first day of class
- Manage administrative and financial closeout of all classes and submit instructor payment requests to SCC Bookkeeper, including tracking of payments
- Work with marketing and program staff teams to identify classes in need of promotion and publicity
- In collaboration with Program Director, set up and update data reports to track enrollment, scholarship requests, and other class data on a monthly basis
- Assist with collecting class survey data and creating data dashboards
- Audit the website regularly to check for accuracy
- Help ensure that the Programs Google Drive is kept orderly and comprehensive
- Work one half-day shift at the front desk, for a total of 4 hours per week to welcome visitors, assist them with questions and help them navigate the Center and our programs. Answer and direct incoming phone calls, and participate in tours of the building as requested. Process in-person payments for class registration, merchandise sales, memberships, and other donations
- Other duties as assigned
This job may be a fit for you if:
- You pride yourself on your attention to detail
- You have an interest in running and continually improving administrative systems
- You have an interest in engaging your community around great creative and learning opportunities
- You are able to keep up with regular weekly tasks while also working on larger, longer-term projects
- You have experience with spreadsheets and word processing software
- You demonstrate empathy and respect in all interpersonal interactions
- You can communicate with clarity and authenticity in both written and spoken English
- A plus, but not required, is written and oral fluency in Spanish
How to Apply: This position will be open until filled.
To apply, please send us:
- A resume outlining your fit for this position
- Your answer to the following: can you give us an example of when your attention to detail helped solve a problem that you or someone else was facing? You are welcome to write your answer in an email or attachment, or to record a video of yourself responding to this prompt
Please send your materials to Charlotte Hajer, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Questions about the role? Please reach out to Charlotte Hajer at the email listed above or via phone/text at (415) 696-3371.
The Sonoma Community Center is committed to an equitable, inclusive, and accessible application process for the open Program Associate position. We are seeking applicants of all races, cultural backgrounds, abilities, and gender identities. If you require any assistance in accessing the job description or require an accommodated application process please reach out to Charlotte Hajer for more information.