Galatea, the world premiere of David Templeton’s award-winning science-fiction mystery.
The world premiere of David Templeton’s award-winning science-fiction mystery
Sept. 3-19, 2021
It’s 2167, and high above the Earth orbits a vast transport where robot-specialist Dr. Margaret Mailer conducts sessions with 71, a member of a synthetic support crew once assigned to the deep space research vessel, Galatea. A hundred years ago, the ship disappeared with more than a thousand human passengers on board. Now rescued from an ancient escape shuttle after years of floating in deep cryogenic sleep, 71 engages with Dr. Mailer in a series of therapy sessions and exercises designed to probe her memory and bring her “human” qualities up-to-date.
As she learns what it means to shake hands, make friends, tell jokes, and laugh, it becomes clear that 71 is guarding more than a few secrets. Meanwhile, Mailer seeks the answers to a number of questions with vital, world-altering import including what, exactly, happened on the Galatea?
Directed by Marty Pistone
Considerations: Slow-moving images, some adult language, mild violence to robots.
Box Office Wednesday - Saturday 12-5pm
* In an abundance of caution, masks will be required to be worn while in the building, regardless of vaccination status. We thank you in advance for your kind cooperation.
* Restrooms and other common areas will be cleaned & disinfected after each performance.
* General Admission seating for social distancing.
* Sanitizer is available throughout the lobby & restrooms.
* Contract tracing is handled through our ticket sales.
Box Office Wednesday - Saturday 12-5pm and one hour before perfomances
$26 General, $24 Senior, $22 Student, $12 Youth under 18