Nationwide, USA, Unknown
Vermont Studio Center’s Displaced Artists Fund exists to assist visual artists and writers displaced due to natural disasters, climate change, or political turmoil or threat by providing residencies in a safe and supportive community of creative peers.
By providing a creative community of refuge in Vermont, these residencies restore normalcy to studio practice, ease the isolation that often accompanies displacement, and extend VSC’s founding spirit of “artists supporting artists” to those most in need.
Artists and writers from anywhere in the world who have been directly affected by natural disaster and U.S.-based international artists displaced by political turmoil or threat may apply for Displaced Artist Fund residencies.
5 fellowships will be awarded. Each fellow will receive:
· 4-6 week studio residency with a private room, private studio space, and all meals
· Additional funds to assist with travel, materials, and/or shipping are also available
To begin the application process, simply reply directly to this email with the following information:
· The nature of your displacement
· The nature of your artistic practice
· Why a residency would be helpful at this time
There is no fee to apply!