Statewide, CA, Unknown
Under general supervision, the Administrative Coordinator provides logistical, technical and communication support to California Presenters (CP). CP is a board-run statewide and beyond organization committed to advancing professional touring and presenting of the performing arts for all the people in our region. As a coalition of non-profit, university, independent, and municipal presenters, we are committed to bringing quality performing arts experiences to communities by connecting, engaging and developing performing arts professionals from organizations of different sizes and structures, and advocating for vital issues in the presenting field.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To be successful in this position, the individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Responsibilities include the coordination and management of varied programs and committees in conjunction with the CP Board including but not limited to: Membership; Nomination/ Governance; Communication; Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Access; Advocacy; Professional Development & Leadership; Executive; and Conference.Duties include but are not limited to the items below.
o Work with Board Executive Committee to prepare and calendar all Board meetings and agendas plus supportive materials.
o Record and distribute meeting minutes.
o Manage logistical arrangements and maintain regular communication with officers to control calendar and finances including travel arrangements, catering, and bookkeeping.
Governance and Finance:
o Ensure organizational by-laws and board terms and elections are up to date.
o Provide financial oversight through bookkeeping as well as regular reporting to the Board and legal reporting requirements, such as working with an accountant for Form 990 filing(s), officer listings with corporation commission and financial organizations, etc.
o Maintain the organization’s financial records through QuickBooks.
o Record all expenses and deposits and reconcile with the bank.
o Prepare monthly financial statements.
Communications and Website:
o Oversee regular creation and distribution of electronic communications with members and distribution list including social media.
o Maintain CP website and track usage via Google Analytics.
o Manage mail and email distribution lists for various communication needs.
o Manage and maintain the organization’s listserv accounts through Gaggle.
o Work with Communications Committee on marketing strategies including posting to social media and also post required social media posts from grantors.
Annual Membership Conference:
o Coordinate development and all details of annual three-day May/June conference including schedule, content, contract negotiations, registration, and all logistical elements.
o Ensure the accuracy and timely delivery of all printed and graphically designed materials, including but not limited to: AIE worksheets, schedules, name badges, conference signage, digital and electronic presentations, etc. to include appropriate sponsorship credits.
o Manage organizational membership database, including invoicing, recording payments, updating personnel of member organizations, etc.
o Track and report memberships to the Board.
Development & Grant Support:
o Assist Board in applying for, reporting on, and executing funding proposals, grants, and conference sponsorships.
o Update DataArts profile annually.
• Two years support experience in the performing arts sector.
• Excellent skills and aptitude in customer service.
• Work well in a collaborative environment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and other programs as needed (i.e. FileMaker, Adobe Creative Cloud, QuickBooks, Weebly, etc.)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Outstanding skills in planning, organization, and time management.
• Ability to handle multiple projects to meet time and quality goals.
• Ability to manage up, communicating progress on projects and priorities to Board.
• Understanding of bookkeeping and the budgeting process, and ability to maintain accurate accounting records of revenues and expenses with some knowledge of non-profit GAAP principles.
• Working knowledge of advertising, promotional, and public relations theories, techniques, practices, and procedures.
• Working knowledge of non-profit organization management and basic business principles.
• Part-time, hourly position averaging 15-20 hours a week except one month prior to and including annual conference when additional hours are needed.
• Hourly range: $20-$25 per hour depending on experience.
• Remote office position with reimbursement for up to 25% on eligible utilities and up to 50% on internet service.
• Reports to Board President and Treasurer.
• Recruits and supervises team of volunteers at annual conference.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The requirements and conditions described below are representative of the general environment the employee is exposed to on a day-to-day basis while performing this job.
Manual Dexterity: Must be able to operate a computer and telephone.
Physical Effort: Ability to sit or stand for up to 20 hours per week.
Equipment Used: Computer and telephone, and video conference equipment (webcam, basic projector and screen, etc.).
Working Conditions: Required to work on a computer up to 15+ hours per week.
Work Environment: Remote office environment with minimal exposure to health and safety considerations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. California Presenters is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 16, 2020. No phone calls will be accepted. For questions, contact us at the above email address.