Santa Rosa, CA, 95404
Simply Strings Teacher’s Aide
Program: Santa Rosa Symphony Simply Strings program
Hours: One or more days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 3:00p-5:45p, Wednesday 1:00-3:45p
Location: Sheppard Accelerated Elementary School, 1777 West Ave Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Santa Rosa Symphony Simply Strings Program overview:
Inspired by El Sistema, Venezuela’s acclaimed social action music network, Simply Strings develops musical excellence and promotes social engagement. Through this program, based at Sheppard Accelerated Elementary School in Roseland, children beginning in second grade receive daily intensive ensemble instruction two hours a day, five days a week after school.
· Bi-lingual Spanish a plus.
· Collegiate coursework and/or experience in education or music education required. Bachelor degree in Music or Education a plus.
· Dedication to the values of El Sistema, as described by the National Alliance of El Sistema inspired programs.
· Desire and ability to be a motivational role model for students, families and peers as a musician and mentor.
· Classroom management experience or equivalent a plus.
· Experience working with young children from diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds preferred.
· Familiarity with Kodaly, Suzuki, Orff, Dalroze or other a plus.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse community of instructors, staff, families and students.
· Criminal record fingerprint and TB clearance, etc.
· Musical experience and proficiency on at least one instrument helpful. Any of the following areas a plus: Strings, vocal/choral, percussion, classroom music.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume (with references) and cover letter explaining your qualifications for and interest in the position. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Deadline for Applications: Ongoing
Send resume, cover letter and all application materials to email@example.com or 50 Santa Rosa Avenue, Suite 410, Santa Rosa, CA 95404