Creative Sonoma offers professional development opportunities to help our creative sector thrive. Offerings are targeted to individual artists, creative entrepreneurs, arts organization staff, and arts education professionals. Our trainings and workshops are developed based on our community’s requests and needs, and on trends that we monitor across the creative ecosystem.
This page includes upcoming professional development workshops and conferences that we are presenting or participating in, and links to organizations that provide excellent and timely professional development topics that we recommend.
CREATIVE SONOMA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT EVENTS
2nd Thursdays, August 13-December 10, 2020: Arts Education Leadership Development Cohort
Presented In partnership with the Arts Education Alliance, join this 5-part series on leadership and arts education | FREE online sessions
Thank you for your interest – this cohort is full! If interested in future AEA trainings, email Debbie.Yarrow@sonoma-county.org.
Wednesday, October 21, 2020: Sustaining the Arts in Challenging Times
Presented by the Arts Education Alliance, this free workshop is for school personnel and leadership. Learn More and Register
Watch for more events, coming soon.
CREATIVE SONOMA RECOMMENDS
Center for Cultural Innovation Recent Webinars – available for FREE on their website
- 3 Ways to Protect Your Art Business Now Learn More and Watch
- PPP…Now What? Learn More and Watch
- Strategic Planning During the COVID-19 Pandemic Learn More and Watch
- October 22, 2020: Rural Arts Education Strategies
- November 19, 2020: Student Voices Campaign Launch Event
Creative Capital Recent Webinars – available for FREE on their website.
- Artists in a COVID Economy Learn More and Watch
- Adaptive Platforms for Artist Resilience Learn More and Watch
- Artists Centering Access Learn More (Video Coming Soon)
- The Role of Artists in Social and Cultural Change Learn More and Watch
- Coping with COVID: Livestreaming for Artists Learn More and Watch
- Coping with COVID: Financial Implications for Creative Individuals Learn More and Watch
- Coping with COVID: Time Management During Challenging Times Learn More and Watch
- Coping with COVID: Centering Wellness and Self-Care for Creatives Learn More and Watch
Hewlett Foundation Bay Area Arts Crisis Navigator Newsletter
- This curated newsletter provides resources and advice for artists and small arts organizations to help them find their way through the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Sign up HERE.
Email us at CreativeSonoma@Sonoma-County.org if you have questions about our upcoming workshops or suggestions for future topics.