Creative Sonoma offers professional development opportunities to help our creative sector thrive. Offerings are targeted to individual artists, creative entrepreneurs, arts organization staff, and arts education professionals. Our trainings and workshops are developed based on our community’s requests and needs, and on trends that we monitor across the creative ecosystem.
This page includes upcoming professional development workshops and conferences that we are presenting or participating in, and links to organizations that provide excellent and timely professional development topics that we recommend.
CREATIVE SONOMA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT EVENTS
Thursdays, January 14, 21, & 28 (POSTONED*) 2021: Conversations on Equity
Conversations with three local leaders on how they’re working to advance equity in our county, city, and within an arts organization. Learn More and Register
- *January 28 session is postponed and will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
Wednesday, April 7, 2021: Sonoma County District and School Administrator, Curriculum and Instruction Directors, and Trustees Meetup
Learn about promising practices from others in the county and network to discuss strategies to use the arts to address school priorities. Learn More and Register
CREATIVE SONOMA RECOMMENDS
artEquity Upcoming Trainings
- MARCH 25-26, 2021 – Everyday Justice: Antiracism as Daily Practice (registration fee) Learn More and Register
Center for Cultural Innovation Recent & Upcoming Webinars
- Coping with COVID: Financial Implications for Creative Individuals (registration fee) Learn More and Register
- 3 Ways to Protect Your Art Business Now (2020 recording) Learn More and Watch
Creative Capital Recent & Upcoming Webinars
- Artists in a COVID Economy (2020 recording) Learn More and Watch
- Adaptive Platforms for Artist Resilience (2020 recording) Learn More and Watch
- Access in Content and Form (2020 recording) Learn More and Watch
- The Role of Artists in Social and Cultural Change (2020 recording) Learn More and Watch
- Coping with COVID: Livestreaming for Artists (2020 recording) Learn More and Watch
- Coping with COVID: Financial Implications for Creative Individuals (2020 recording) Learn More and Watch
- Coping with COVID: Time Management During Challenging Times (2020 recording) Learn More and Watch
- Coping with COVID: Centering Wellness and Self-Care for Creatives (2020 recording) Learn More and Watch
Hewlett Foundation Bay Area Arts Crisis Navigator Newsletter
- This curated newsletter provides resources and advice for artists and small arts organizations to help them find their way through the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Sign up HERE.
Email us at CreativeSonoma@Sonoma-County.org if you have questions about our upcoming workshops or suggestions for future topics.