YOUTH IMPACT GRANTS
NOTE: This grant program remains PAUSED due to the COVID-19 crisis.
NEW FOR 2020-2021: This grant program is a consolidation of the former Summer Arts Youth Program Grants (SAYPG) and the former Arts Education Innovation Grants (AEIG), and continues to be funded through a partnership between the County of Sonoma and Community Foundation Sonoma County.
We believe that everyone deserves a full, vibrant creative life and that access to a high-quality arts learning opportunities for young people builds the foundation necessary to foster such a life. In Sonoma County, our young people’s access to the arts – in and out of school settings – is not equitable.
This funding is designed to invest in the healthy development of our youth ages 4-18, and to address disparities of their access to the arts. Specifically, we aim to expand access to youth who may not have it based on geography, socioeconomic status, or disability. These grants will also endeavor to increase and support community-based partnerships to enhance the overall impact. Those who have an innovative, equitable approach to expanding access to arts learning or education are encouraged to apply. Funding decisions will also be made with an eye toward serving a broad geographic reach in the County.
Applicants are required to address three or more of the following goals and objectives of this program:
- Support arts learning programs or projects that extend opportunities to underserved youth
- Support arts learning opportunities for youth to (choose one or more):
- experience the arts in places convenient to their homes, schools, and community centers
- access the arts year-round, and/or over the summer to help offset the summer learning gap
- explore culturally relevant topics and art forms
- Demonstrate innovation in program or project development, implementation, partnerships or other key elements
- Build on established or newly-forged community connections to achieve greater impact and reach
- Provide arts learning opportunities covering a broad range of genres and subjects, and/or in-depth learning within one or a few selected genres or disciplines
- Utilize the arts to enhance or support learning and comprehension of other subjects and disciplines
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, this grant program has been paused until further notice.
Applicants may include Sonoma County nonprofit organizations or groups that produce arts learning programs or projects for Sonoma County youth. Please read the Guidelines carefully for extended eligibility information and considerations. To be eligible to apply, you must be either:
- A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is headquartered in Sonoma County, OR
- A fiscally-sponsored Sonoma County group with a 3-year track record (as of May 2020) of producing and/or managing arts learning programs or projects
The following may apply for up to $20,000 in general program support:
- Nonprofit Arts Organizations* for an established slate of youth arts learning offerings (established = three years or more of youth programming history by June 2020)
The following may apply for up to $10,000 in project support:
- Nonprofit Arts Organizations* with less than three years programming history in providing youth arts learning offerings, Non-Arts Nonprofit Organizations, and Fiscally-Sponsored Groups for a time-limited or discrete project such as a single production, a summer camp, a class or group of classes, or a youth arts learning opportunity provided by a non-arts organization, etc.
*Arts Organizations are defined as those with 51% or more of mission and programming dedicated to the arts.
Extended descriptions of each of the criteria can be found in the Youth Impact Grant Guidelines document.
- Artistic merit
- Creativity and innovation
- Targeted audience development
- Capacity to administer and implement the project
- Completeness and clarity of application
HOW TO APPLY
Read the Guidelines thoroughly, and then utilize the Application Help Tool which contains all of the application questions and instructions. No handwritten or paper-based applications will be accepted. Applicants will need to have or create an account in Submittable, our online application portal.
2020-2021 Youth Impact Grant GUIDELINES (coming soon)
2020-2021 Youth Impact Grant APPLICATION HELP TOOL (coming soon)
2020-2021 Fiscal Sponsor Form (coming soon)
Email CreativeSonoma@sonoma-county.org or call 707-565-6121.