Arts Education Stories
Stories connect, inspire, and inform us. Gain inspiration from a young person’s life enriched or changed. Explore data that shows improved academic success. Share the impact of arts education.
- Get Inspired: “Something’s Happening in Chula Vista” (video)
- Arts Education News: Sonoma County and Beyond
- Student Arts Spotlight: Learn More About Monthly Feature
- Tell the Story: Sonoma County Arts Education Research, Reports, and Videos
Watch and share these stories that show how critical arts education is for our students. Something’s Happening in Chula Vista, Art Makes A Difference (Bellevue), and El Molino HS Dance students (Forestville) share the significance of an education that includes the arts.
Arts Education News
Our monthly Arts Education News blog highlights local arts education opportunities, along with recommendations for timely stories and resources on arts education national trends and news. For the most recent post, click HERE, or to find all past issues of the blog, click HERE.
Student Arts Spotlight
The Student Arts Spotlight celebrates local students learning in and through the arts in Sonoma County. The feature, managed by the Sonoma County Arts Education Alliance, represents a variety of students, ages, geographic locations, and art forms.
Tell the Story
RESEARCH AND REPORTS
Through grant funding from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Creative Sonoma and the Arts Education Alliance commissioned research on the state of arts education in Sonoma County during 2016-2018. The research from the following reports led to the development of the Sonoma County Arts Education Framework in 2019.
- 2019 State of Arts Education in Sonoma County Secondary Schools: Analyses of the California Arts Education Data Project
- 2017 State of Arts Education in Sonoma County K-12 Schools: Analyses of Survey Data
- Key Takeaways from Research Reports
- Key Takeaways from Research Reports (Spanish)
Return to the main Arts Education page.