Arts Education Funding
Learn about local funders for arts education and explore funding strategies for arts education in schools.
Creative Sonoma Grants and Awards
ARTS EDUCATION FRAMEWORK CONSULTING AWARDS
Creative Sonoma, as part of the Arts Education Alliance, invites any Sonoma County public school district that serves elementary age students to apply to receive customized consultation to develop a strategic arts plan to increase access and equity. Applications open April 8, 2021. Learn more HERE.
YOUTH IMPACT GRANTS (CURRENTLY PAUSED)
Creative Sonoma’s Youth Impact Grants program is a consolidation of the former Summer Arts Youth Program Grants (SAYPG) and the former Arts Education Innovation Grants (AEIG), and continues to be funded through a partnership between the County of Sonoma and the Community Foundation Sonoma County. Learn more HERE.
ARCHIVED PROGRAM: TEACHING ARTIST RESIDENCIES
From Spring 2018 through December 2019, Creative Sonoma offered free teaching artist residencies to Sonoma County K-12 public schools in response to the October 2017 Wildfires. The residencies were based on best practices of trauma-informed arts instruction to build resilience and encourage empathy. To read more about the program, click HERE.
Grant Makers in Education
- National Endowment for the Arts https://www.arts.gov/grants
- Alliance for California Traditional Arts https://www.actaonline.org/program/living-cultures-grant/
- California Arts Council https://arts.ca.gov/grants/
- Community Foundation Sonoma County – Sonoma County Vintners Foundation Community Grants Program https://www.sonomacf.org/nonprofits/apply-for-grants/sonoma-county-wine-auction/
Other Funding and Support
SCHOOL SYSTEMS AND SUSTAINABLE FUNDING
The Sonoma County Arts Education Alliance (AEA) provides consultations, as well as offers presentations to schools, school boards, parents, and community groups about options to support and sustain arts programming.
Title 1 Funding Strategies: Arts programs can help schools achieve the goals of Title I by facilitating student engagement and learning, strengthening parent involvement, and improving school climate and school wide behavior.
- Title 1 Initiative from the California Alliance for Arts Education
Get involved with your Local Control Funding Formula.
- Learn about sustainable funding options for arts in the schools through Local Control Funding Formula and Title 1 Funding in this AEA webinar from June 2020 found HERE.
Return to the main Arts Education page.