Arts Education Funding
Learn about local funders for arts education and explore funding strategies for arts education in schools.
- Funding Opportunities
- Creative Sonoma Grants
- Grant Makers in Education
- Other Support
- Overview of Arts Education Funding Sources
- Local Control Accountability Plan – Learn how funding for sustainable arts programs can be created within a school district’s budget.
- Get involved with Local Control Funding Formula – Learn about sustainable funding options for arts in the schools
- Cal Ed Code 8820
- Arts, Music, and Instructional Materials Block Grant
- Expanded Learning Opportunities Program
- ESSER III Funds through 2024
- Title 1 Federal Funding and the Arts
ARTS EDUCATION FRAMEWORK CONSULTING AWARDS | Apply by October 12, 2022
This Creative Sonoma grant program, made possible by funding from The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, provides funding to Sonoma County Public School Districts to develop, enhance or implement their strategic arts plans. Districts my request up to $7,500. Learn more, register for June 12 or August 25 workshops, and apply HERE. CURRENTLY CLOSED
ARTS IMPACT GRANTS FOR ORGANIZATIONS | Applications Open August 3 for 2023 Grants
Grant program for nonprofit arts and culturally specific organizations to support arts programs that have either county-wide, neighborhood, or youth impact. Learn more, register for workshops, and apply HERE. CURRENTLY CLOSED
ARCHIVED PROGRAM: TEACHING ARTIST RESIDENCIES
From Spring 2018 through December 2019, Creative Sonoma offered free teaching artist residencies to Sonoma County K-12 public schools in response to the October 2017 Wildfires. The residencies were based on best practices of trauma-informed arts instruction to build resilience and encourage empathy. To read more about the program, click HERE.
Grant Makers in Education
- National Endowment for the Arts https://www.arts.gov/grants
- Alliance for California Traditional Arts https://www.actaonline.org/program/living-cultures-grant/
- California Arts Council https://arts.ca.gov/grants/
- Community Foundation Sonoma County – Sonoma County Vintners Foundation Community Grants Program https://www.sonomacf.org/nonprofits/apply-for-grants/sonoma-county-wine-auction/
- Stuart Foundation https://stuartfoundation.org/
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation https://hewlett.org/
- California Department of Education https://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/fo/af/
California County Superintendents Educational ServicesAssociation https://ccsesaarts.org/leadership/funding/
SCHOOL SYSTEMS AND SUSTAINABLE FUNDING
The Sonoma County Arts Education Alliance (AEA) provides consultations, as well as offers presentations to schools, school boards, parents, and community groups about options to support and sustain arts programming.
Title 1 Funding Strategies: Arts programs can help schools achieve the goals of Title I by facilitating student engagement and learning, strengthening parent involvement, and improving school climate and school wide behavior.
Get involved with your Local Control Funding Formula.
- Learn about sustainable funding options for arts in the schools through Local Control Funding Formula through this video resource list.
Return to the main Arts Education page.