Education and Civic Engagement Coordinator
Education and Civic Engagement Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Education and Civic Engagement Coordinator REPORTS TO: Director of Education and Civic Engagement CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-Time
Summary: The Education and Civic Engagement Coordinator works under the supervision of the Director of Education and Civic Engagement. di Rosa’s Department of Education and Civic Engagement is comprised of both education staff and the visitor services team. The Coordinator position serves an integral role within the department, acting as the main point of contact for visitor services, contract educators/artists and di Rosa’s robust volunteer corps. This non-management position also works closely with the curatorial team. The Coordinator is responsible for managing multiple, concurrent administrative and coordinating functions on behalf of the Department. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills and demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain organizational and communication systems for both internal and external use. The Education and Civic Engagement Coordinator must be able to work both independently and as a member of a larger team across departments.
About di Rosa: di Rosa is a catalyst for transformative experiences with contemporary art of Northern California. Located on 217 scenic acres in the Carneros region of the Napa Valley, di Rosa offers a variety of exhibitions and educational programs for all ages and houses the foremost collection of Bay Area art in the world. A wide range of styles, media, and subject matter provides an overview of the creative energy and freedom to experiment that characterize this region of California. The property includes three separate galleries, a sculpture park, a 35- acre lake, and a wildlife preserve.
1. Departmental Administration
· Maintain and monitor budgets for Education and Civic Engagement (excluding Visitor Services).
· Create departmental agendas for meetings, record notes as requested.
· Edit programs brochure copy and other written materials for printed and online distribution.
· Research, compile, assimilate, proofread, edit, copy and distribute correspondence, documents, presentations and reports.
· Manage and organize the Director of Education’s purchase and travel receipts.
· Attend meetings as assigned, in representation of department and its interests.
· Assist Director of Education and Civic Engagement with special projects as assigned.
2. Education and Civic Engagement Programs
· Assist with the coordination of education programs and events both on and off site.
· Oversee the ordering, inventory, organization, and maintenance of programs materials.
· Manage the set up and break-down for programs, including work orders and physical set up/ break-down.
· Assist with marketing and promotions for specified programs, in coordination with Marketing and Communications Manager.
· Assist with developing self-guiding gallery materials for audiences of all ages.
· Collaborate with the curatorial team to gather research for education programs and interpretive materials, including information about special exhibition artists and artworks in the collection.
3. Volunteer Administration
· Maintain and regularly update volunteer tour and gatehouse host schedule.
· Notify volunteers of schedule changes.
· Attend and assist with Volunteer Council meetings.
· Track volunteer assignments, attendance, and consistency.
· Maintain and regularly update volunteer website.
· Integrate updates and information from the curatorial team into volunteer trainings, emails, and website content.
· Convey volunteer needs to education department.
· Work with Director of Education and Civic Engagement and Volunteer liaison to develop training protocols and updates.
· Work in collaboration with volunteer co-chairs to delegate responsibilities to committees to determine committee functions and performance.
· Send weekly email to volunteers.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred with at least 5 years progressively responsible related work experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience, preferably with a non-profit arts organization.
· Interest in contemporary art and culture.
• Available to work some weekends and evenings.
• Strong communication, presentation, customer service, professional, and interpersonal skills.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Good problem solver with capability to make quick and sound decisions.
• Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects and meet deadlines; excellent time management skills.
• Knowledge of Mail Chimp, Microsoft Office Sway, indesign, Adobe Photoshop.
• Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable.
Working Conditions: di Rosa is located on 217 acres in the Carneros region of Napa Valley. Applicants must be comfortable with and enjoy nature, including native waterfowl and domestic peacocks that roam freely on the grounds. Must be able to actively lead and participate in tours on rugged terrain. Must possess a car and valid driver’s license and be willing to work occasional nights and weekends.
To Apply, Please Provide the Following:
· Cover letter addressing your interest in the position
· Resume with education, employment history, salary requirements, and contact information for 3 references
Application materials should be emailed in PDF format to:
Andrea Saenz Williams
Director of Education and Civic Engagement firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
To learn more about di Rosa, visit www.dirosaart.org
Please note: di Rosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, marital status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran’s status, sexual orientation or other bases protected by law. di Rosa makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities as defined by and in compliance with California law.