Executive Assistant and Board Coordinator (Confidential Administrative Support II)
Executive Assistant and Board Coordinator (Confidential Administrative Support II)
Sonoma State University
Job ID: 104864
Location: Sonoma State University (Rohnert Park, CA)
Full/Part Time: Full-time
Green Music Center
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $4,233 to $5,533 a month. Starting salary placement depends on qualifications, experience and salary budget, and will not exceed $5,533 a month.
This position is eligible for a broad range of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, retirement (CalPERS), tuition waiver, vacation and sick leave. In addition, 14 paid holidays are offered each year; 13 scheduled on specific days and a Personal Holiday that may be taken any time during the year.
A comprehensive benefits summary for this position is available online by clicking the http://www.calstate.edu/hr/benefits/documents/confidential-c99-benefits-summary.pdf link or by request from SSU Human Resources.
This position is open until filled. For full consideration, please submit application, along with cover letter and resume, by 8am on July 11. Please refer to the Application Process section of this posting for additional details.
Conditions of Employment
This is a full time, exempt position, which will lead toward permanent status following the successful completion of a probationary period.
Sonoma State University is committed to achieving excellence through teaching, scholarship, learning and inclusion. In line with our Strategic Plan and our Seawolf Commitment, our values include diversity, sustainability, community engagement, respect, responsibility, excellence, and integrity. We strive to cultivate a community in which a diverse population can learn and work in an atmosphere of civility and respect. We encourage innovation, experimentation and creativity, as well as contributions to equity and inclusion, in the pursuit of excellence for all members of our university community.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant and Board Coordinator provides high-level administrative support to the Green Music Center (GMC) Executive Director, staff, and Board of Advisors. The incumbent often makes recommendations related to operational and policy matters, evaluates work procedures, oversees large amounts of confidential information, and coordinates complex projects with broad visible impact that involve working with other departments. Contacts involve interaction with a variety of diverse constituents and communities inside and outside the university. This position has been designated “confidential” in accordance with the provisions of the Higher Education Employer-Employee Act (HEERA).
Incumbent typically interacts at all levels within and outside the university and handles sensitive interpersonal situations. Work is performed independently under general direction related to goals. Major duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following in support of the Green Music Center:
– Provide administrative and general support to the Green Music Center Executive Director, staff, and Board of Advisors.
– Oversee the coordination of meetings and events, maintain complex calendars, arrange travel, answer multiple phone lines, and respond to email and in-person inquires.
– Coordinate, prioritize, and monitor tasks and projects through completion with accountability for end results.
– Draft, proof, and/or distribute a variety of written communications for internal and external distribution.
– Prepare and process expense reports, invoices, purchase orders, personnel and other administrative documents.
– Attend Board of Advisors, staff, and other campus meetings, and take and prepare meeting notes for distribution.
– Oversee management of GMC administration office, including keeping common spaces organized, managing work orders for services, assisting with minor technological issues, distributing mail and employee paystubs, assisting with departmental mailings, ordering supplies, and other limited purchasing in accordance with university-approved guidelines.
– Communicate with board members, donors, patrons, and other key constituents.
– Serve as the primary contact for members of the Board of Advisors.
– Provide work direction, training, and supervision for student assistants.
– Enter and extract data from the campus HRIS/SA/Financial system PeopleSoft.
– Conduct donor and patron research using campus development database Raisers’ Edge, ticketing database Audience View, and internet. Conduct artist and agent research as needed.
– Utilize Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Adobe Suite to create presentations, spreadsheets, communications, and other meeting materials, track calendars, and file electronic documents.
– Maintain and update tracking and filing systems, records, forms, and other departmental and Board of Advisors’ documentation.
– Provide updates to Executive Director and staff about changes in board membership and university policies, and ensure various publications, websites, and databases have the current information.
– Support development staff and Board of Advisors with fundraising activities.
– Solve a broad range of office and administrative challenges, sometimes requiring research, analysis, and evaluation of information, and the use of ingenuity in developing solutions.
– Provide assistance with evaluating and setting work priorities, scheduling and assigning work, determining departmental staffing decisions, and determining training needs and training staff.
Performs other secondary duties as assigned.
Duties take place mostly in an office setting at the Green Music Center or other assigned location at Sonoma State University, with additional duties to be performed in various locations both indoors and outdoors on the university campus at the GMC. As an exempt employee you have some flexibility in your schedule however must be available during the regular campus hours Monday through Friday to meet the operational needs of the campus and department. Your specific start time is determined by your Appropriate Administrator. Evening and weekend hours may be required and will be specified only by the supervisor to meet operational needs. The incumbent must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such levels as is determined by the Appropriate Administrator. The position may require occasional travel, by automobile and airplane, and the incumbent must be able to work some night and weekend hours with overnight stays.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of progressively responsible high-level administrative experience. Office management and prior experience supporting an executive level position preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered as meeting the minimum qualification of this position. Experience with the performing arts strongly preferred. Must possess strong critical thinking, and excellent written and oral communication skills, including thorough mastery of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Proficiency with computers, including knowledge of standard word processing, spreadsheet, email, presentation and database software that includes Microsoft Office Suite required. Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Google Suite, PeopleSoft, and other office software preferred. Spanish language skills preferred.
The incumbent must have the ability to recognize and handle confidential information and demonstrated experience handling confidential and sensitive matters with discretion; and an understanding of the policies and procedures related to handling of confidential information. Must have experience interpreting, applying and explaining a variety of written policies and procedures in situations required informed judgment; basic knowledge of the principles or organization, administration, and management; demonstrated experience in budget maintenance and skill in effective and proactive workload management. The incumbent must possess experience in providing information and/or training on a variety of topics including use of the computer, email, and calendar programs as well as the internal operations of the workplace. The incumbent must have strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to work successfully independently and as a member of a collaborative team; must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work, complete assignments independently and with general direction, operate in a professional, fast-paced environment, and handle multiple tasks and competing demands. An excellent foundation of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to approach and treat individuals with respect and consideration in carrying out duties. Ability to write and accurately format business correspondence, reports, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Must have outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the university and establish and maintain productive and effective, inclusive working relationships amongst diverse populations including staff, faculty, administration, students, and other internal and external constituents. Must be able to accept constructive feedback, work cooperatively in group situations and work actively to resolve conflicts.
Evidence of degree(s) or certificate(s) and/or license(s) required at time of hire.
Click the “https://apptrkr.com/1506401” to apply to this position, materials submitted with your application will not be returned. For questions related to the application process, please reach out to Human Resources mailto:(email@example.com | 707.664.3100).
Qualified candidates must submit the following to be considered:
1. Cover Letter and Resume – application system only allows one document to be uploaded, so cover letter and resume must be included in the same MS Word or PDF file (file name should not contain any spaces or special characters)
In your cover letter, please address your administrative experience and interest or experience in the performing arts.
2. Online Employment Application (complete entire application, resume/cover letter will not substitute for any part of the application)
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current employees who apply for this position.
The ADA Coordinator is available at 707.664.2664, to assist individuals with disabilities in need of accommodation during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Mandated Reporting: This position may be considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
About Sonoma State University
Sonoma State University, located 48 miles north of San Francisco, is one of the 23 campuses of the California State University. Sonoma State University is a liberal arts institution with an enrollment of approximately 10,000 students and 530 full-time and part-time faculty. Our beautiful campus is located in Rohnert Park, at the foot of the Sonoma hills in the Wine Country.
Sonoma State University is proud to be a smoke-free campus, where smoking and other uses of tobacco products, such as smokeless tobacco, the use of e-cigarettes and similar devices, are prohibited.
Sonoma State University’s Jeanne Clery Act Annual Security Report is available at http://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=1506401&targetURL=http://www.sonoma.edu/ps/about/jeanneclery.html; Annual Campus Housing Fire Safety Report is available at http://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=1506401&targetURL=http://www.sonoma.edu/housing/general-info/emergency-prep/fire-safety.html.
Sonoma State University
Main (707) 664-3100
Fax (707) 664-3196
1801 East Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.