Music Educator for St. John School (TK-8)
St. John the Baptist Catholic School, a TK-8 school in Healdsburg, CA, is looking for a music educator to teach a six-week music enrichment elective during each trimester of the 2018-2019 school year (18 weeks total). The ideal candidate will have experience teaching in an elementary and/or middle school setting. Job duties include teaching: rhythm, solfège, music theory, a variety of musical forms, appreciation for music from diverse cultures and liturgical music.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, creative teacher who demonstrates an enthusiasm for working with elementary and middle school-aged students, a commitment to innovative pedagogy, and familiarity with solfège. The teacher will prepare students for a performance in Spring 2019.
Education and Training:
• Music education degree from a fully accredited university or college, or music degree from a fully accredited college with additional experience in music education
- Ability to provide accurate appropriate vocal model for young singers
- Ability to accompany singers on one or more instruments including piano or guitar
- Ability to teach the structure of music, the performance of vocal and instrumental music, and creativity in music through composing and improvising at the developmental level appropriate for each grade of elementary school
- Ability to communicate to students, school staff, parents, and community members in, about, and through music
- Knowledge of the parts of a Catholic massCandidates for employment should be familiar and comfortable with our mission statement that drives our school:St. John the Baptist Catholic School is dedicated to the work of Christ while providing each individual with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence and make a positive contribution in the world. Together teachers and parents collaborate to form boys and girls through faith and reason into adults with a capacity to learn truthfully, live faithfully, and love charitably.Job Type: Part-time (10-12 hrs/wk; 6 weeks per trimester) Compensation: Negotiable