FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: 2021 Actos de Confianza Relief Grant
the National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures (NALAC) has launched a new relief effort to support the Latinx community as we collectively work through challenges created by COVID-19.
Executed in collaboration with the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and Intercultural Leadership Institute (ILI) partners, Actos de Confianza is a COVID-19 relief program which exclusively supports Latinx art and culture makers. The $2,500 artist grants and $5,000 organization grants aim to provide relief to those facing critical financial emergencies due to the impact of COVID-19 in the United States and Puerto Rico.
NALAC staff will evaluate applications from Latinx individuals and organizations through the lenses of social, racial and geographic equity and justice. In addition to assessing the urgency of need, this includes:
- Latinx artists and organizations that identify as Black and Indigenous.
- Latinx artists that identify as disabled.
- Diversity in the geographic location and landscape.
- Diverse representation of gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation
- Diverse representation of artistic discipline.
- Diverse representation of age and stage of artistic career (emerging, mid-career and artistic or cultural elders).
The application is open now for Latinx artists and organizations within CA. The Open Call will run from April 28th, 2021 to May 12th, 2021.