INTERNSHIP for HIGH SCHOOL: Arts Education Activism
The Student Voices Campaign is looking for 9th – 12th graders enrolled in California public schools during the 2021-2022 academic year to intern as part of an Arts Education Activism program. The Arts Education Activism (AEA) Internship brings together students from across California to explore the impacts of activism. In this online program, we will work creatively and collaboratively to build a statewide network of student activists committed to creating change in their schools and communities. You will gain skills and strategies for navigating education systems and career pathways through mentorship cohorts and guest speakers. You will get the opportunity to engage with industry professionals who are advocates for positive change in their fields.
As an AEA Intern, you will explore what advocacy means to you and develop a plan for expanding and engaging student voice in your schools. The program will involve a presentation
to your school board and the planning and execution of an awards celebration for outstanding submissions to the Student Voices Campaign.
HOURS/DAYS: The internship will run from September 2021 through May 2022. Interns will attend virtual trainings and a monthly meeting with their cohort.
● Must be in 9th through 12th grade during 2021-2022 and attending a public school
● Must be interested in activism and/or community building.
● Must be able to work collaboratively.
● Must have access to a computer and/or iPad with video and microphone for working
● We strongly encourage DACA students and candidates from traditionally
underrepresented communities to apply.