Arts Education Advocacy Resources
Want to be an Arts Education Advocate? The great news is that there is tons of support and networks to help you advocate for arts education! Use these resources to advocate for arts education for every child!
5 Calls to Action for Arts Education Advocacy:
- Follow and engage with the Sonoma County Arts Education Alliance. What are YOUR interests, ideas, or questions? Complete this quick survey!
- Create and practice your elevator pitch for access to arts education.
- Create a support team of other parents and community members to help you! Get the conversation started with the Advocacy Starter Toolkit.
- Become a solution partner by understanding your school district’s priorities and resources, and the place for arts education among them.
- Does your school and district have a strategic arts plan? Having a plan can ensure the best use of supplemental Prop 28 funding coming Fall 2023. Use the local tool Arts Education Framework.
- Find your school leaders, get involved by working with school leaders through school site and school board meetings.
ADVOCACY TIPS AND RESOURCES:
Start where you are! Whether taking your first steps in advocacy or are more advanced, any of these tips and resources can help you make an impact.
- Create your own elevator pitch for arts ed – what matters most to you? Elevator pitch in Spanish. Practice it often!
- Learn more through Create CA Virtual Trainings and Arts Education Alliance recordings
Find your school leaders
- Schedule an AEA Advocacy presentation for your board or leadership group to increase understanding and find intersection or get some tips for doing it yourself
- Share a story about the impact of arts education from your experience with your school board
- Ask questions to learn more about participating in an AEA Working Group. Contact email@example.com to find a group that matches your interests
- Join or create a community coalition through organizations like Arts Now
- Learn and get involved with your school district’s Local Control & Accountability Plan