JOB OPPORTUNITY: Development and Marketing Coordinator
Development and Marketing Coordinator
About Sonoma Valley Museum of Art
Sonoma Valley Museum of Art (SVMA) is the largest visual arts organization in the San Francisco North Bay region. With a budget of $1.4 million, SVMA has approximately 800 members, a professional staff of 8, store staff of 4, and a dedicated Board of Directors. On the occasion of the Museum’s 20th anniversary in 2018, SVMA completed a new strategic plan and launched a multi-year fundraising campaign to fund the expansion of four key cultural and educational priorities. For more information on Sonoma Valley Museum of Art, please visit svma.org.
The Development and Marketing Coordinator (DMC) serves as the primary support for the director of development and marketing. The DMC implements specific development and membership roles, assists and coordinates SVMA’s marketing and public relations outreach, prepares reports for SVMA board members, supports general front desk management, and additional roles as assigned. DMC enjoys working with people, works effectively in a fast-paced environment, can multi-task, and has excellent organizing, communication, and computer/database skills. The DMC interacts regularly with SVMA board members, donors, and members.
Development & Membership (75%)
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date constituent records in our database—this includes SVMA members, major donors, foundations, potential members and donors, etc.
- Implement all aspects of SVMA membership renewals, cultivations, acknowledgements, membership card distribution, tax receipts and letters, and more in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly reports and others as needed for board meetings and development purposes.
- Assist in researching and preparing grant proposals.
- Coordinate with visitor services and administrative coordinator on SVMA opening receptions and other events organized for members, donors, committees, board members, and others.
- Respond to donor inquiries and maintain records of key interactions.
- Support the Development Plan through mailing appeals, online giving programs, in-kind gifts, and more.
- Process and record income in database and coordinate with SVMA accountant to maintain accurate income reporting.
- Assist with meeting agendas and materials for both Development and Membership Committees as needed.
- Assist in all aspects of the annual Gala event as needed.
- Arrange for wine donations and other in-kind donations for exhibition opening receptions and other events.
- Assist in producing and maintaining SVMA materials for the front desk as well as distribution to local Sonoma businesses.
- Assist with cultivation of new members and major donors.
- Coordinate with the visitor services and administrative coordinator to support special events and on occasion, staff the front desk as needed.
- Manage and update exhibitions and events on the SVMA website and database.
- Develop and manage advertising calendar and opportunities; ensure that ad deadlines are met; liaise with advertising reps.
- Coordinate weekly eblasts and other modes of outreach announcing events and exhibitions, as well as other SVMA events and activities.
- Coordinate and manage project timelines.
- Manage community outreach.
- Proofread marketing and press release materials; assist in developing outreach materials.
- Stock and maintain marketing materials at the front desk.
- Maintain marketing images, content, and archive marketing collateral.
- Coordinate marketing and public relations meetings and prepare agenda, and updates.
- Coordinate volunteers for the distribution of publicity materials.
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS degree and 2 years of development, marketing, and administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent computer/database skills; possess ability to learn new applications.
- Demonstrated excellent time management, organizational skills, and ability to balance priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive information and communications with staff, Board, and stakeholders with integrity and discretion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; editing/proofreading skills.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, sound judgment, positive attitude, and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. Interest in or knowledge of contemporary and modern art desired highly desirable.
Full-time, exempt. Salary commensurate with experience.
Full employee benefits: paid health insurance (Kaiser), paid vacation, all federal holidays and sick/family/bereavement leaves.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Sonoma Valley Museum of Art (SVMA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes.
Updated: September 2020