WINDSOR UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT is seeking a Facilitator for a new Visual and Performing Arts program.
Under the direction of the Superintendent or Superintendent’s designee, the VAPA Facilitator supports the implementation of the District VAPA goals. This position serves as a consultant on a year-to-year basis dependent upon on Board Approval for the continued phase-in of the District VAPA plan.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are typical duties and responsibilities. Any and all tasks may or may not be performed in a given school year.
- Complete all phase I implementation items, not completed to date
- Oversee existing grant implementation, professional learning, and program facilitation for teaching artist residencies including community showcase
- Identify and attempt to secure additional funding sources and partnerships for VAPA Arts plan (phase II goals)
- Facilitate monthly site rep meetings, beginning with grades TK-2nd, and support site-reps with implementation needs:
o Establish a monthly calendar and agenda for VAPA/Arts Integration team meetings with site reps
o Develop program goals for each site in collaboration with site reps
o Support integration of VAPA programs and arts integration services to respond to the needs and strengths of each campus.
- Oversee facilitation of professional learning sessions and related support activities with grade level groups.
- Provide reports as needed to school board, administration, principals, teachers, and community.
- Support integration of VAPA programs and arts integration services to respond to the needs and strengths of each campus, beginning with grades TK-2nd.
- Maximize VAPA branding, performance, and exhibition opportunities on various media for all sites, including the planning and implementation of a student arts showcase each spring.
- Support site representatives to serve as professional coaches, teacher leaders, and liaisons
- California State Visual & Performing Arts Standards
- Windsor Unified School District’s Visual and Performing Arts Plan
- Grants and grant implementation and report writing for grant funders
- Speak publicly and present and receive information to and from diverse constituencies.
- Energize and Activate site teams around the VAPA plan
- Connect Site Staff to appropriate program resources
- Represent the District to the Community of Potential Sponsors
- Maintain confidentiality and trust
- Three years of successful experience in program facilitation and coordination.
- In-depth experience in at least one of the major areas of VAPA (Theater, Fine Arts, Dance)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated ability to guide adults (teachers, administrators, community)
- Connection to the Community of Artists, Musicians, Performers
- Successful grant recipient
- Bilingual/Biliterate in English and Spanish
- Experience as a “Artist” in Residence
Please contact Mary Berkey for more information and to apply for this position: email@example.com